Thread: Medium or Large Cage Rear Derailleur?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just to close the loop - to satisfy my curiosity I contacted Specialized. The story they gave is that if their bike designers can get away with a medium cage, sometimes they'll do it. No problem either way with large or medium cage.

Now that I put the large cage derailleur on along with a new chain, I am finding the rest of my drivetrain is worn - may need new chainrings too, which is par for the course I guess . . . $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Honestcox View Post
    Just to close the loop - to satisfy my curiosity I contacted Specialized. The story they gave is that if their bike designers can get away with a medium cage, sometimes they'll do it. No problem either way with large or medium cage.

Now that I put the large cage derailleur on along with a new chain, I am finding the rest of my drivetrain is worn - may need new chainrings too, which is par for the course I guess . . . $$$
    It's a good idea to change out the cassette when you get a new chain (if it has a lot of wear that is) as well. Like most Midwest riders I'm guessing you spend the majority of your time in the middle chainring. I'd just change that one out if it's that worn. Do the cassette first and see how it feels then. Changing out the cassette is a good way to loss weight on your bike anyway. Here's a XT on sell: http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...+Sprocket.aspx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.