Thread: Saturday Trip to...??

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Default Saturday Trip to...??

I would be up for taking a short road trip to ride somewhere on Saturday. Don't care where but don't want to drive more than 3 hours. I guess my first thought is Blue Mound State Park. But even some trails in Peoria, or Macomb. Could go pre-ride Comlara prior to Sundays race.
    FDR in Dubuque, even just over to Sugar. You get the idea just want to go ride with the guys.
    Who's interested?
    Eric
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

ill talk with the wife and see what she has to say about the idea....... post up later.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

From QC airport to Denver it's 1:50 flight. 50 min drive to my house. 10 min bike ride to White Ranch trailhead. Is that short enough?
    Last edited by Gunchie; 09-07-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    From QC airport to Denver it's 1:50 flight. 50 min drive to my house. 10 min bike ride to White Ranch trailhead. Is that short enough?
    Depends, can you put me on the standby list?

I'm game unless the wife has something going that I don't know about. I've never been to a lot of these places. Consider me in unless I post otherwise...
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    Depends, can you put me on the standby list?
    Yes. I can get you a buddy pass. I'm thinking it is around $200 for buddy passes so it's almost worth just buying a ticket though. Have to ask Megan to check.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Anymore interest in a day trip? Right now it's just Russhole and I and I need more people to split gas money with!!
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

I would be up for a day trip if you would consider Farmdale. I have not been there yet, and heard very good things about this place! I'm not real familiar with the area, but isn't Jubilee near-by? Maybe we could do those two.

How many people do you have room for? I can mention this to a friend or two.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Peoria area is cool with me, what do you say Russell? Russ is the only other firm interest I had. Don, we would just have room for one more. My CRV seats four and can put four bikes on my little trailer. I suppose if three people wanted to sit in the back seat for 90 minutes it would not be horrible. Squeezing another bike in would be no problem either.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Sounds like a great plan! I work a LONG day tomorrow,(6am-9pm) so let me know the details here; or I can pm you my cell number.
    I am definitely in for this trip. I asked a friend, and he's not sure yet. So keep us updated on who's going, and how much room you have.... I can't wait!!!

I like Farmdale with the race coming, but I have never been to FDR or Blue mound. I don't really care where we go. I would like to be back around 3:00 or so if that's not a big deal. Call me if'n you want. 309-507-1892

I don't reccomend FDR unless you've got a guide fro Chain Reaction to show you around. The system is very Sylvan-ish so its easy to get lost or end up on the wrong side of a fun downhill run...

Blue Mound is an a$$ kicker, on you and your bike, but its a ton of fun. If you want swoopy singletrack, do Farmdale. If you feel the need to work on your technical skills...go to Blue.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Don, Russ, let's meet at my Dad's in Port Byron, that is where my bike currently is, and my little blue trailer.
    1012 South High Street, brown house, sits on a little piece of frontage road with just three houses.
    There are some rain chances, so that my guide us in another direction but will plan on hitting two trail systems in Peoria area.
    How would meeting at my Dad's at 7:30 and be on the road at 7:45? I don't want to do any earlier but know Russ wants to get back.
    Let me know what you think! Still room for one more.
    Eric
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Eric, I'll be there at 7:30; with the help of Google Maps!
    Is Dru_B in?

Glad to see your riding a lot Don. Plan on a weekend trip somewhere when you get back to CO. Fruita maybe?

The new guy Bucket may go too. Don't worry the man can ride. He rode LT three times with me today.
    7:30 sounds good. Knowing me, I'll be there at 7:35. Later!

Just got t ok to go so if theres still room, count me in.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Peoria looks like it may be getting more rain than us! It looks like there has been little to no rain to the north. Yea Bucket there is room for you. Makes for four of us.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

I just looked at the satelite/ radar. Everything from Wisconsin to Southern IL has a green band. I'm going back to bed.

Me too.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Really???!! you guys suck!!! Bucket and I were here ready to go. You guys know how cheap I am do you really think I would drive to WI if I thought theres a chance of not riding. According to multiple weather stations around Mt. Horeb, and the state park they have not had a drop of rain in the last 24 hours! The most I could find was one station that showed .02 in the last week. http://www.wunderground.com/
    Of course as cheap as I am, can't split gas with one guy either so no go.

If any 2 plus people want to go this afternoon call me!

Eric
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Sorry Eric. Once Russ said no-go, I tried to call you and see what the agenda was
    for the rest of the day, but got your voicemail.

Anyway, I heard Russ decided to go, I hope you guys found good trails and had a great time

Don, this is exactly why you need to be in CO already. Another beautiful sunny day, as always. Did my first 14er (14,000 elevation hike/climb). The views were amazing, but man does the altitude get to you.

Sorry I missed the ride today guys. But another opportunity presented itself, which is my 1st real love of the two-wheeled kind... MOTO! So, I'm sure you 3 had a great time as well as I. And Gunchie is right, I need to get myself back to CO permanently!
    Anyway, I'm probably back to single-track on Sunday. Brad posted up and said SCP is and has been open, who knew?!

Anyway this is a pic from today on the Mini-Moto...
    Attached Images Attached Images