Thread: Rode Sylvan

Default Rode Sylvan

I was back in the QCA today so I decided to try another trail and when I left home Sylvan was the only one open so the choice was easy. I talked to a couple guys at the pavilion that were helpful and got me started in the right direction, if you are on here thanks! For the most part I stayed on the marked race course, though somehow I still got off course and lost a few times. I got behind a couple other riders to try to follow the right course I thought I was doing good until they got to the straight section between the concrete walls, lets just say they were quite a bit quicker then me and it was probably a moderate pace for them. What kind of speeds are you all averaging on that course? Today I averaged 10.2 mph.

Regardless I still had a great time. There were quite a few people on the trails today so I probably seen a couple of you. If you saw a confused and conflicted guy on an orange Gary Fisher that was me. and for future reference if I am behind you on a trail I am not stalking just trying to be a better rider.

Thanks to all that listened.

Aron

Aron I see you live in sterling. Me too! If you ride around here at all get ahold of me! Love to ride with new people and if your intrested you can car pool with me to the next race. See-ya around hopefully!
    Pain is temporary. Quitting last forever

I don't know about mph, but if you turn about a ten minute lap, you should do well in the Taming race.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Hey druien, I do ride around Sterling/Rock Falls quite a bit. I really wish we had some local trails! I would be up to having another riding partner the wife does not want to ride as much as me. I don't plan to start racing until next year, just spending the rest of this year getting in shape and working on cardio. It seems whenever I ride hard and really push myself I think I am going to die.

Russhole'72
    I should have timed my self instead of the average MPH, I have no clue where I would have been time wise. Honestly if I had a time I'm not sure how accurate it would have been as I had a whole lotta trouble navigating some parts of the course. The crossover sections is where I got my butt kicked on every lap. I thought I was doing good until I got behind the 2 gentleman I mentioned earlier and I discovered a whole new section.

On a side note I will be Joining the FORC crew, I will be attending the meeting to meet some of the other members, fill out my application, and pay my dues. until then it's concrete trails for me!

Aron