Thread: Sunderbruch Park

Default Sunderbruch Park

I have some free time tomorrow afternoon so I am going to head up to Sunderbruch about noonish. Anyone interested in an afternoon ride with a noob?

BTW what is there to know about trail manors? I really don't want to look like an ass out on the trails. What is the correct direction to go or is it marked?

Thanks Aron

Edit: Oh yea BTW where is the trail entrance? that would really help me out.

Board Position
    President

From what I heard over the weekend, skip the first 2 left hand turns. We mostly ride the trails counter clock wise. Climb to the top of the paved path and start looking to your right. You will see the first piece of single track. If you were to take every right hand turn you would do the entire system. Since you claim to be a "noob", I would skip the rights and stay on the main path. Best way not to look like an ass, ware your helmet. I would love to meet you out there but once again work gets in the way.

AG
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

I had an awesome time on the trails today, I rode alot of Farmdale, some of RockCut, and alot of Comlara. I think I may have even stumbled upon Kettle Moraine. I am happy there weren't alot of people out today as I am sure I ended up going the wrong way a few times judging by the skid marks I saw when I was getting my butt handed to me on some climbs. I fell a few times I believe it was on RockCut, I slid into a tree once and I locked up the rear brake and hit a tree with the rear end of the bike.

I did meet a guy on the trail ( he was on his way down as he had some tire issues)
    Lee it was good talking to you and thanks for the insight! but on my way back up to the trails my chain snapped so I had to replace a link and I now have a twisted section of chain that I believe happened when I hit the tree.

I really enjoyed the trails but I didn't expect the climbs so they killed me. I really liked the thing (had about 10 logs standing upright that I rolled over) and I hit a few small drops that caught me off guard because I was in the wrong gear when I went off them, but I had momentum so all was good.

Well thanks for listening I cant wait to get back to the trails.

Oh yea some how I ended up exiting on one of the Kickapoo trails, it was all downhill, I had an absolute blast on it but it was closed when I exited. Not to sure how I ended on it as I was trying to follow the signs. but I was lost most of the day.

Board Position
    President

You should check out Scott County. Good for beginners.

I'll have to keep that in mind for the next time I come out to play.

BTW where does everyone fill up their hydration bags at, I was hoping to see a fountain but no luck. Luckily I had a half bottle of water in the car.

Board Position
    President

Sunder has no place. Scott has a bathroom just down the road from the trail head.