Thread: Taming Tune Up

Default Taming Tune Up

Tomorrow is the first of four Tune Up sessions for Taming of the Slough. More info here.

Be at Sylvan from 5:30 to 7 to support River Action as they get participants ready for this year's Taming of the Slough. Russ and crew have spent a lot of time the past few weeks getting the island spruced up. Come down for a ride!

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Let the carnage begin! mp & I won't be able to be there tomorrow but should be able to help out at the next one or two. From last years experience it makes for a fun excuse to ride a little, drink a little and watch as people realize we don't ride cinder paths. To the Bikes!!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

I've got the FORC and MBP banners, I wasn't really planning on being there as I'm trying to get a lot of work done on the old homestead, but if someone is going to be there I could get them to you. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I'm there dude!

Jb

I want to be there, but my mtb is still ooc.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Don't forget the 2nd of 4 Taming Tune Ups tomorrow, 26 August, 5:30-7 at Sylvan Island.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

mp & I will be there. We may be a couple of minutes late though.

Hey, is anybody going to be there that knows the course? If so, cool, if not is it marked adequately so that I can send the folks in the proper direction? db

Was out there yesterday , the trails are well marked with bright orange spraypaint.
    Pretty easy to follow

Like bz300 said the course should be marked with orange paint making it easy to follow. I can't be there but I do believe Drew will be and he helped set it up.

JB

Is there going to be a map of the course (hard copy) that we could hand out at the Tune-up sessions? or something on either FORC's or River Action's website? and if anyone has any FORC membership forms/business cards, I could have those available at the Tune-ups, as I am manning the 'signup' table down by the Rowing club.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I have a course map but I don't know how useful it would be unless the user had intimate knowledge of the trails out there. The course is well marked, but will probably need some touch up with the orange paint. If River Action wants a map for the event to use on their website have someone from the organization PM me.