Thread: Illinois Wilds Exterra at Wildlife Prairie Park, Peoria, IL Aug 21st

Default Illinois Wilds Exterra at Wildlife Prairie Park, Peoria, IL Aug 21st

Illinois Wild’s Exterra proudly introduces the Peoria area’s newest, freshest set of trails! Come join the fun of an “off road” triathlon!

A 1/2 mile open-lake swim starts off the day. Transistion to the 5-mile mountain bike loop – done twice- which offers a variety of unique scenery and terrain that only Wildlife Prairie Park can provide! A majority of the trail system traverses through reclaimed lands from the old coal mining days, which left behind ponds, lakes, ravines, ridges and even rocky terrain, rare phenomena on Central IL trails! Mixed in are stands of old growth forest and blazing fast paths through the open prairies that are the park’s namesake!

So bring a team or set off solo, August 21st, 2010 and be one of the first ever to race the virgin trails of the “Illinois Wilds Exterra” at Wildlife Prairie Park, Peoria, IL!! Check out this address for more details:
    http://www.wildlifeprairiestatepark....ois-Wilds.html

Guys, Moonshine and I are teaming up with a swimmer and doing the sprint Xterra on Saturday:

http://www.wildlifeprairiestatepark.com/XTERRA-Illinois-Wilds.html

It's going to be a blast! Still time to put together a team or to buck up and race solo (I would try the whole race except for my "swim like a rock" attribute).

We may hit Farmdale for a casual ride afterward since we will be down that way.
    I wanna ride!

Looks fun. I'm doing one on the 28th. Figured I'd change it up a little. I'm sucking at the swimming and running parts so it should be interesting. Then on to CX season!

We had a blast today!! Wildlife Prairie State Park. Kristen swam, I mountain biked (new trails -- they were awesome!) and Heather ran. Kinda like the fish, the turtle and the gazelle! Trails were slimy and slippery after Peoria rec'd an inch and a half of rain last night, and I slid into a tree the first part of my first lap (Kristen swam so fast that I was bike #4 of many into the woods) -- bike and head hit tree. I saw Tweety Birds, but worst yet, I lost my rear brake with that crash. So 9 more miles in slippery, twisty, whoop-dee singletrack with no rear brake and feeling more out of it than normal. Thank goodness my teammates were FAST! WHAT A BLAST!!!!!!

I wanna ride!

GREAT WORK BEXTER! Hell who needs back brakes anyway!

JB

Bexter, you're so hardcore! That's awesome!

Default Atta girl

Good thing you had practice a couple of weeks ago without rear brakes at SBP! So proud of you Bex!

Thanks guys! Anna, so true! Just got the brake replaced and a tree took the new one out! Damn!
    I wanna ride!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Suh-weet!! Brakes are over rated anyway!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Brakes - the one thing on Ray's bike that hasn't been broken... because they are rarely used... which might explain all the other broken parts.