Thread: Got a spare?

1. Default Got a spare?

Hi everybody. I have a dilemma. I am embarking on a journey to Colorado later this summer, second half of August to be exact, to stay with a friend who is getting educated out there and ride some of the best trails on the planet. My dilemma is that my two-wheeled companion might not be as up for the trip as I am, it being a fully rigid singlespeed. I don't wish to deal with astronomic bike rental prices in CO, so i was wondering if anyone around here would be willling to spare a better equipped mtb, for a price of course. At this point, anything would be better than what I've got, so hardtail with gears, full suspension, old or new, doesn't matter, just something to save my joints. I am also an experienced (former) bike shop mechanic, so I'd take as good of care as anyone can of your (spare) baby. I would pay $150 (negotiable of course) and a FULL overhaul (yea, everything) to rent someone's bike for the second two weeks of August. I am 5'9", so anything in the medium range will work. THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!!!

Hi Sam,

if you want you can take a look at my old fully. Cost you nothing - but the overhaul would increase your safety (breaks) and would be very appreciated ;-)
    It is a no name bike with mixture LX XTR and Magura Julie breaks. Heavy and sturdy...
    PM if your interested, we are back from MI next week..
    Harald