Thread: lake shelbyville

Default lake shelbyville

this race is 4 hours away, who plans on attending. i think some car pooling may be in order for this one.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

When is this race?
    Pain is temporary. Quitting last forever

august 1st. a week and a half. im going to try my best to make this race, even if its solo.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

I'm planning on it, however I may have the wife with. Not sure on room in the commander... we'll see
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I was going to start this thread next week but glad to discuss now! I really want to go also but the distance and therefore gas money is killing me! So glad to hear others are interested. Would like to go down in time to pre-ride Saturday. I have researched a state campground 25 minutes from race site that is $8 per night for a tent spot. I can be flexible on when we go. Anna would like to go if we have room. I can put two bikes on tray rack on rear of car and if had roof racks to borrow(buy) could put bikes on top. I figure in my car the gas bill would be about $70 round trip.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

I'm attending this race. Should be a good time!

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I don't know why I did not think about my taking my little utility bike trailer! So anyhow, I can easily carry four bikes on it. It's like a mini-me version of AG's trailer and bikes attach the same way. Plenty of room for gear in the trailer. So have room for three people $15-$20 per person for gas. Willing to leave anytime on Saturday, at least early enough to get there in time to ride a couple laps, and set up camp before dark. Would be up for leaving early enough to ride some where else on way down if people wanted. Campground I am considering is @ Wolf Creek State Park. Now I am a little more excited about this race! Post up if you want to ride along. Eric
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

due to family scheduling, i will not be able to head down saturday and camp. that means ill be leaving the qc's hopefully by 4:30a.m. on sunday to head down for the race. i will need to be leaving directly after the race also to head back home. have to leave the eldest son to babysit while im gone and need to get back home to relieve him asap. 16 year old boys dont like to have to babysit their younger siblings.......... :(

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

If anyone wants to go down with me on Saturday afternoon let me know ASAP. Either post up or PM me. If I don't hear anything I am gonna ride with Dru_B in the am.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

its raining here in the qc's again today. i am hoping someone from the shelbyville area or anyone affiliated with tomorrows race will see this and post some conditions for us for tomorrow. we are making the 4 hour trip in the am and i dont wanna drive all that to find out the race has been postponed or cancelled.

any help here would be greatly appreciated. thanks

this is to the man that was taking pictures with that big ass camera on sunday. i konw you got some great shots, hope you intend on sharing them. would love to see what you got.

thanks in advance

Anyone know where there is any pictures from this race?