Thread: UPDATE 2010 ScoCoPa Chase | Frenzy

Default UPDATE 2010 ScoCoPa Chase | Frenzy

Due to this week's weather forecast, if we are unable to race on Saturday we will move the cross country race to Sunday and cancel the short track (it will not be re-scheduled). Check back for race updates.

Thanks!
    aj

Board Position
    President

I will be at the park Friday morning to meet the ranger. If the race is canceled or pushed to Sunday we will post it Friday morning.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

If you get rain Thursday as projected do you think there is a good chance this will happen? I assumed all the series races were on Sunday and blocked off the wrong date on the family calendar a while back and now can't make it on Saturday. If the race is held Sunday I could come. It's a long drive just trying to get an idea how likely this is to happen. Thanks.

Board Position
    President

My crystal ball is to cloudy.

hello iowa,

can you register and pay the day of the race? and would it still be $25? i would be driving in from chicago in the morning-- could someone give me specific directions to find the parking area for the race?

p.s. your forum is not very outsider friendly, i had to google "river between iowa and illinois quad cities" just to post this message!

Board Position
    President

We do not have online registration so the price is for the day of the event. Not sure where in Chicago you will be coming from but once you get near the QC pick up I80 west. Take that to highway 61 North. You will start to see Scott County Park signs. Then take exit 129 (Long Grove/Parkview). At the bottom of the ramp hang a right. At the 4-way stop, take a left. About a half mile pass the 4-way you will see a big brown Scott County sign. Go right, the main entrance will be on your left.
    See you Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffypanda View Post
    hello iowa,
    p.s. your forum is not very outsider friendly, i had to google "river between iowa and illinois quad cities" just to post this message!
    The Q&A system is setup to cut down on spam on the forum...

thanks AG. j/k about the quiz, i love you iowa!

AG isn't at a computer and asked me to post. THE RACE IS ON! He met with the Sco Co Pa park ranger this morning, trails are in FABULOUS condition (I really need Ryan Orr to tell you how FABULOUS they are for his ability to articulate is so much better than mine), and our weekend of racing, camping and fun is ON! We hope to see many familiar faces and new racers to check out our trails and better yet enjoy our hospitality. We love you guys!!

Race headquarters will be the Buffalo Bill shelter at which you will find ample parking (I think the parking lot there accommodates up to 80 vehicles), and for the love of God, FLUSH TOILETS (women all over the QCA are cheering about this)!

Don't forget that not only will there be mtn bike racing, but there will be plenty of time to just ride the trails as well. I am aware that there is a group ride in the planning phase for Sco Co Pa tonight. Scott County park has lovely camping facilities with flush toilets and clean shower facilities. There are play grounds for the kids and a newly rennovated swimming pool. Those who want to fit in a round of golf can do that just as easily at the beautiful golf course. Remote control airplanes bring joy to your life? Yup, the park has an air strip for that too.

Can't wait to see everyone this weekend. The CROSS COUNTRTY race is Saturday. The SHORT DIRT TRACK is Sunday. Come on out and make a weekend of it!!

Yours Truly,
    FORC
    I wanna ride!

Is anyone going out early to reserve camping or camping tonight?
    If so, is there going to be room enough for my tent and if so, could someone save me a nice shady spot?
    I plan on heading down there tonight after work. I hope I make the group ride!

Thanks in advance,
    CG♠
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

I camped last night. I'm in Sac Fox, #229. There is room for 9 more "camping units"on that site. It is pretty much the same area we camped last year.

-HW
    Last edited by Home Grown Turtle; 07-16-2010 at 10:13 AM.

the directions were a lifesaver. thanks again

I see that results are posted at http://www.accu-split.com/but the "novice results" are actually a repeat of the sport results.

Great Race! Great Folks! Great Fun!
    Carol & I would like to thank all the people who made the ScoCoPa Race a success. Thanks to all the riders who braved the heat to chase each other around the park. Hope you enjoyed it! Thank you to the staff and rangers at Scott County Park. The park is beautiful and your help in putting on the weekend was invaluable.
    A very big thank you to all the volunteers; Forcmeister captained a tight ship, while registration worked like a well oiled machine, the swag group could sell ice to eskimos, as well as shirts, stools and pint glasses! Thank you!
    I would like to thank the NMB Patrollers for doing an incredible job of keeping everyone safe and moving in the right direction. Rage, Ray, Jonny, Brad, you made the day easy and responded like pros. Thank you Tim for travelling all the way here to help us out, the NMBP knows no boundaries.
    Carol would like to send a heartfelt thanks to the course marshall volunteers who braved the heat to stand in bug infested woods and look after the racers. With you folks as the eyes and ears on the course, the racers felt secure enough to put it all out there.
    Thank you Racers and THANK YOU FORCERS!
    dave