Thread: ScCoPa Conditions as June 27

Board Position
    President

Default ScCoPa Conditions as June 27

We still need to weed eat the Northern section. We also have many trees down and at least one bridge washed out. The trail care crew swill be out there this week trying to get it ready to ride. With any luck we will be able to open Thursday or Friday.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Board Position
    President

I just sent the park ranger a email to keep the park closed until we have a chance to get things cleaned up. If you want to help give a holler. Looking at the weather and what we saw of the current trail bed conditions this trails could be opened as soon as Wensday.
    Last edited by AG; 06-27-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Board Position
    President

The latest report is that the park is ready to ride. We are thinking that it will be open Thursday or Friday. So as for tomorrow, if your still wanting to help out show up around 5 to 530 bring a bike rake and some clippers. We still need to check for face slappers and rake the trails. After that we drink beer.

I'm guessing you're talking about the north loop...I walked the south loop late yesterday afternoon and got as far as the washed out bridge, just past the new blue. I took care of face slappers and hauled debris off the trail. Still two trees down on the blue (Jimbo's trail). One about 50 yards in, and another about 50 yards before the end. Didn't have a chain saw.

Board Position
    President

All trees have been cleared and the bridge has been retrieved and reset. South loop good. Sent bikers out with clippers on the entire trail system to do the fine tuning. There report "good to go". As soon as it opens, ride it.

Board Position
    President

I just checked SCP web site and it is reporting that the trails are open.

thumbs up to all you trail gods.excellent