Thread: Say Goodbye to "Gary Fisher" the Brand

Default Say Goodbye to "Gary Fisher" the Brand

Fisher bikes will now be Trek bikes branded as the "Gary Fisher Collection"

http://mountain.bike198.com/trek-bik...brand-the-axe/
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

After the "Gary Fisher" road bike it was all downhill from there. Trek must have filled his wallet pretty good for him to be so optimist.

Board Position
    Vice President

Buttt!! what about G2 geometry!!??? and the Superfly!! is it gonna be a trek SUPerFLY??
    Its because they went 29er... ya see all bike companys that still make 26's as main line up are okay. sept niner they dont count.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

As a Trek and Fisher dealer, it does make things a lot easier and eliminates a lot of redundant models. Plus, it lets Gary concentrate on what he does best...
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Personally, for GF, I think it's a good move...much like Ford did by slimming down there products which allowed them to not take gov't bailout money, Trek and GF have streamlined their products, creating less confusion for the consumer, and most likely increasing profits.

I think it's probably a good thing for us as riders too as we should see some great stuff coming from Trek's "GF Collection" but that remains to be seen.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Bummer :-( I was hoping to get a newer fisher someday

Last edited by Byke Dood; 06-17-2010 at 02:46 PM.
    Get out and ride !!

Chuck Norris Guest

Guess that means all current Fisher owners will soon have collectors items! (ha ha)

8. Default

I looked at the lineup, and it isn't streamlined, and won't decrease redundencies. I don't drink Kool Aid, unless I make it myself.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Trek "superfly 100" (from the gary Fisher lineup)- http://mountain.bike198.com/trek-bik...brand-the-axe/

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.