Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ray's Indoor Mountain Bike Park - February 20-22, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post

SteveDave? I was told to never trust a man with 2 first names.

especially if the guy with 2 first names claims to never have eaten a salad! :eek:

love ya SteveDave!

ok, who is vibrato? ray ray?
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

Hey, this trip is looking too good to pass up. Are there still any seats open in cars or any room at the inn?

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

yeah, what's the room situation like? I'm still on the fence about my knee, although I want to go.
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

I'm also lookin for a ride.....
    "Keep your flesh off the ground"

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    Hey, this trip is looking too good to pass up. Are there still any seats open in cars or any room at the inn?
    There is still rooms in the Inn. Word on the street is rides are hard to come by. We need more people willing to drive that can take bikes.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

John and I are taking our truck, but we can take more bikes if someone has a 2" trailer hitch rack. We are leaving Thursday morning quite early as I have unrelated business in Cleveland Thursday afternoon. I do have concerns about leaving extra bikes overnight on the rack off the back of the truck, albeit locked, in Cleveland. There won't be enough room in the hotel room (4 people and gear, 6 bikes).
    I wanna ride!

Bexter, I have a 4-bike Thule rack that I used when we had the Explorer. Not sure on the size of the receiver...

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Thumbs down

Poof and I are leaving Thursday morning, but we could throw on another 2 bikes. Ditto what Bexter said about the lockup. Maybe we should have rented a room to store bikes in. HA!

We should know for sure what's what by this weekend, I'll let everyone know the whats andwhens.

Dru_b- Yea yea, man- It be me.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

how many people want to go for sure that still need a ride? i CAN drive if NEEDED but i need a 2" receiver 4 bike rack also to make it worthwhile and could take 3 others with me comfortably. i know jim wants to go and steve dave that would give me 3 people with room for another. also if i drive that would take one out of ag's van, otherwise i have already arranged transportation. post up or call me 309-235-6845.
    Last edited by dru_b; 02-12-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    Bexter, I have a 4-bike Thule rack that I used when we had the Explorer. Not sure on the size of the receiver...
    It is a 1.5", but I have an adapter that can be used.

Bexter (or anyone else),

I have a Thule 2 bike carrier with locks and it fits a 2" hitch. I will not be going on the trip so someone can borrow it, just call me to arrange pickup in Bettendorf on Thurs. sometime. Cell - 630-215-5575

Thanks,

Mike

Pags...wish you were goin buddy!

I'm in and I can drive if I can get 2-3 people/bikes with me. If you need a ride give me a call 641-234-0146

Tim

ok, jeep is outta the picture for the trip as it sits right now. heat went out on the way home from the jeff dunham show tonight. drivers side blows cold air.... and i mean cold.... outside temps. cannot make an eight hour trip plus like that. Jim, i talked with t bone on the phone earlier and he said you would be fine with him. give him a call.

sorry fellas, gonna stick to my original plans.

I will have room for 1 or 2, but I'm telling you the back seat of a Mazda will not be that fun after 4 hours let alone 8. Jim, as much fun as it would be to have you to ride up with...there ain't no f'in way. In that little car, you'd be like a raccoon stuck in a live trap.

No one who has gone before answered my earlier question...The Rules state you can't get off your bike at Ray's. Would it be worth it for me to bring a camera or camcorder or should I leave it behind?

Board Position
    President

OK! we are down to 6 days before we leave. Just wanted to recap the trip info.

I have plenty of rooms at the Holiday Inn. Price I posted put 4 people per room will each room having 2 queen sized beds. When we get there I will be at the front desk giving those rooms to who ever wants them. As soon as you take a room you will be responsible for paying for it. You will be able to buy you pass at the park, not at the hotel.
    I gave Ray a heads up that we were all coming and asked him if we could still leave our bikes at the park. He said yes.
    So with all that said, I will be at the Thunder Bay parking lot ready to leave by 8 am. Who ever wants to caravan up will see you there.
    If there is any other questions feel free to post up, pm or call 5635291831.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I will have room for 1 or 2, but I'm telling you the back seat of a Mazda will not be that fun after 4 hours let alone 8. Jim, as much fun as it would be to have you to ride up with...there ain't no f'in way. In that little car, you'd be like a raccoon stuck in a live trap.

No one who has gone before answered my earlier question...The Rules state you can't get off your bike at Ray's. Would it be worth it for me to bring a camera or camcorder or should I leave it behind?
    They are very cool there, and won't bother you at all as long as your not disrupting the flow. I would say that rule is to keep kids from gathering in the middle of the "trail". Take your cameras, there is plenty of room to take pics and video.

Default Hit the Lights!

Check it...I just saw on Ray's website that NiteRider will be there to demo lights this weekend. Ray's will turn off the lights for a sweet night ride on Saturday night. Don't forget to bring your lights!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Check it...I just saw on Ray's website that NiteRider will be there to demo lights this weekend. Ray's will turn off the lights for a sweet night ride on Saturday night. Don't forget to bring your lights!
    Wow! I can hear the crunch of bones breaking already!!! This is gonna be friggin sweet

So I called to rent bikes for Megan and I for this weekend and talked to a guy named Logan. Come to find out he is from the Quad Cities. I told him about the club and what we have done with the area. He hooked me up with one of the nicer rentals. I guess it's a small world after all. He sounded impressed we were bringing so many people. So who else is getting excited!

i think one of my younger bmx buddies is friends with that logan. he told me he had a buddy from here move out there to work there. kinda interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    I have plenty of rooms at the Holiday Inn. Price I posted put 4 people per room will each room having 2 queen sized beds. When we get there I will be at the front desk giving those rooms to who ever wants them. As soon as you take a room you will be responsible for paying for it.
    Four of us are taking one of those rooms and tacking it on to our Thursday evening reservation. SO excited about this weekend! Thanks to everyone for collaborating to make this one awesome FORC'n time!
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

I need a spot in a room. I just got cleared by the doc. I'm driving friday after work, so I probably won't get there till 2am, but it'll be ok...
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sunderbruch

Do I still need to bring a bike rack or is the bike situation taken care of with the trailer going now?

Kings