With the new forum, we don't have AG's post that had all the info about the upcoming FORC'n Ray's trip. I am sure he will repost here. John and I plan to drive down Thursday afternoon 2/20/09 as I want to participate in the ladies-only skills clinic on Friday.

In the meantime, check out this forum post which is a nice recap from the 2008 Dirt Rag Ladies Weekend at Ray's: http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/in...showtopic=7176

Women's Weekend at Ray's Mtb Park in Cleveland, OH was a huge success. Held February 22, 23 and 24. The event was put on by Dirt Rag, along with all of the other sponsors of Ray's. If you have yet to make the pilgrimage out to Ray's, you need to. It is 97,000 sq ft of a mountain biker's heaven in the middle of winter. Offering something for everyone from beginners to experts. They even have a foam pit to perfect your back flips, and a full street course. Ladies and Gents were able to demo the latest and greatest FireEye Bikes and products.

There was a special "ladies only" session and clinic on Friday from 10 am to 4 pm. After 4 they let the gents back in. The rest of the weekend it was both ladies and gents riding all day. Ladies were able to ride free all weekend. Clinics were held covering all forms of riding, from basic pedaling skills to, whipping around on a pump track, taking 5 plus foot drops, to advanced jumping.

There were a total of 9 pro women around all weekend for coaching. Including Jill Kintner of GT bicycles, Kathy Pruitt of Jamis Bicycles, Canadian women's freeride legend Stephanie Nychka, Gale with GOFAST energy drink, Emily Johnston of Black Market, Lisa Myklak of Black Market, Tammy representing IMBA, Nina B a bmxer riding for Etnies, and of course Nadia Steinbrecher of FireEye Bike. Just to name a few. These ladies know how to shred a park! With such a star studded crew, it was no wonder the clinics went so smooth. A lot of the ladies who attended the clinics skills improved three fold in one day! The clinics were very laid back, with out pressure.

A raffle was held on Friday for the ladies right after lunch. This lucky lady won a set of FireEye Fire-8 pedals.

No bike event would ever be complete with out a party. Friday night PBR had a sweet little local band, and was giving out free swag.

Ladies mark your calendars for next year. Dirt Rag is already starting to plan for next year. All I can say so far is it is going to be bigger, and better. It will make the perfect winter getaway.

A big thank you goes out to all of the women who showed up this weekend, Ray's Mtb Park, Dirt Rag, and the rest of the sponsors of the park for a great weekend. Keep checking the FireEye website for information on next years Women's Weekend, and other events.

Pictures from 2008 Ray's Ladies Weekend: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...;albumId=933803