Thread: Ray's Indoor Mountain Bike Park - February 20-22, 2009

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ok, with the holidays barely out of the way, i need to start making some firm plans for this trip. my mommy gave me money to help fund my fun for the weekend as my xmas gift. i saw somewherte that the weekend runs through monday. maybe on the forc calendar. i am planning on leaving here friday morning as originally talked about, and only plan on staying friday night in a hotel, getting up riding saturday and then leaving to come home sometime saturday evening.

I have a jeep grand cherokee that i will be driving and would be interested in any carpoolers that may wanna run the same schedule. just don't wanna leave mamma home with the kids for 4 days. may be my first and last forc trip.

i would like to be a part of the motel rooms that AG have reserved already if still possible and better yet, able to have roomiesto help deter costs. i am going on a very limited budget this time around.

anyone looking for a travel partner, post up. will also stay tuned for others' trip details...............
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

Board Position
    President

The price I posted ($109 with out food or beer) is only for Friday through Sunday. I have not heard of any on just going for 2 days. You would spend more time on the road than in Cleveland. If you can't find 3 more people to ride with you, its probably going to cost you more. Something to think about.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

is there still room in your van or in someone elses car, and i kinda figured that about driving myself. you plan on being home around what time sunday?

ok, trip is getting nearrer, some information needed. clothing... rays requires long pants...... what about sleeves. not 100% sure there. gloves? required or recommended? what type of clothing do your forc'ers that have been there before recommend. what else do i NEED to take with me or what else do you stongly recommend?

this being my first real bike trip, not sure exactly what should make the trip with me.

thanks..........

Board Position
    President

Well lets see, Keep in mind Rays for the most part is not heated and seeing how it's going to be late Feb. Long sleeve and what ever else you need to keep warm. They all say bring flat pedals and I believe Rays has some pads you can use or rent. Other than that enough clothes, tooth brush and your favorite pellow (to snuggle with your favorite FORC with) you should be good to go.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

I'd take long & short sleeves with you, it tends to heat up a bit as soon as you get riding. If you start to cool down you can always hit the xc course for a lap or the pump track.
    "Keep your flesh off the ground"

Quote Originally Posted by dru_b View Post
    ok, trip is getting nearrer, some information needed. clothing... rays requires long pants...... what about sleeves. not 100% sure there. gloves? required or recommended? what type of clothing do your forc'ers that have been there before recommend. what else do i NEED to take with me or what else do you stongly recommend?

this being my first real bike trip, not sure exactly what should make the trip with me.

thanks..........
    Ray has shin and elbow/forearm guards that he hands out - no rental...at least it was like that for the '07 trip.

I remember being in a hoodie and running pants the first night and after about 10 minutes of riding I was down to a jersey and riding shorts - was just fine.

Fixxer and AG are correct - its chilly in the warehouse but you warm up quickly. So pack your bag with warm gear and just bring it with you.

DEFINITELY bring flat pedals. I tried my SPD's the first night and I about killed myself so first thing Saturday morning I bought some flats from Ray.

...and you'll probably want full-fingered gloves too.

my $.02

Here's the rules from the Rays website:

1. All riders must sign a waiver. Members must present their Ray’s Photo I.D. on each visit. Non-members must sign a waiver on each visit. NOTE: Anyone under 18 without a parent/legal guardian present to sign a waiver must have it witnessed/sealed by notary. NO EXCEPTIONS! Please plan ahead.

2. We are going to start using colored wrist bands at the park. You must wear you wrist band at all times. Season pass holders & members must show I.D. and sign in at the front desk. Please write your wrist band number and an emergency contact phone number for that visit on the sign in sheet.

3. Helmet and gloves required at all times while riding. No exceptions. Elbow guards (recommended) or long sleeve shirt. Knee and shin guards (recommended) or long pant legs.

4. All riders must be 16 and over unless accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also riding. We encourage parents to teach their children to ride. We are not a sitting service. The price for an additional underage rider is $10.00.

5. Riders under 18 must have waiver signed by parent or guardian.

6. No fighting, loitering, spitting, dirty looks, etc.

7. No intentional damaging or tagging of park property. If something breaks, report it to a staff member immediately. Please respect the trail as you would outdoors.

8. Sessioning permitted only in designated areas. The trail is design to flow continuously, similar to outdoor trails.

9. Spectators must remain behind the red wall.

10. No loitering on ramps/obstacles.

11. Ride only in the direction indicated by course markers. This is a one-way course. Ramp transfers are not permitted.

12. No hybrid or road bikes. BMX bikes permitted only during special hours.

http://www.raysmtb.com/index.php?opt...&id=8&Itemid=9
    I wanna ride!

thanks for the rules post....... have already read them from rays site though. am not sure on the long sleeves and pants. required or just recomended or shorts only with shin/knee guards and short sleeves only with pads? or can you wear shorts and short sleeves without pads.?

thanks for the additional info everyone. anyone with more pennies to add, feel free if you feel it is worthwhile. can never be too prepared ya know.