Thread: 2009 Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic - June 13, 2009

Default 2009 Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic - June 13, 2009

I have wanted to go to the Women's Midwest Mountain Bike Clinic for the last couple years, but we have always had something else going on (this year, this is the same weekend as the Jubilee Jam race). It is basically a weekend of fun riding, a women's clinic, and camping at the Brown County (Indiana) Park. Brown County boasts 20 miles of MTB trails. I plan to go this year along with some friends from PAMBA and CORBA. Nashville, IN is South of Indianapolis (330 miles from here).

The weekend will be VERY fun, ladies (given decent weather)! We will ride ride ride, visit, lunch, drink, ride, visit, ride, supper, drink... you get the drift. Any woman interested in joining our group is welcome. Beginners to advanced riders welcome.

Check out their website for more details:

http://www.midwestwomensclinic.com/index.html

The fees are $45 per person for the clinic which includes insurance and some food, $10 per night per tent for camping.

Description from their website:
    The Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic is held annually at Brown County State Park, located in beautiful Nashville, Indiana. The Brown County mountain bike trail system has been built from scratch, entirley for mountain bikers by mountain bikers. With a current trail system of 20+ miles and growing, Brown County is soon to become a popular Midwest mountain biking destination.

Brown County State Park is the perfect trail for beginners to advanced riders. The new interpretive introductory trail, which will be complete in 2009, will have instructional stations and purposefully-built obstacles that are perfect for building confidence and learning how to ride obstacles.

[and check this out....] The new expert section will have advanced features, technical rocky sections, waterfall crossings and lots of exposure. We have barely seen the tip of the iceberg of what the finished trail system at Brown County will become. [Sounds like fun!]

I did a search for videos of Brown County Park on You Tube and there was a fun one of some guy flying around their trails and at one point going OTB. Do a search if you're interested...

Mark your calendar! We will drive down on Friday, June 12th. The clinic is Saturday, June 13th. We will ride Sunday morning and then head back home late morning or early afternoon that day.
    I wanna ride!

2. Default

Becky when are you guys going down? Is John going? Roger and I plan on going on Friday morning. There are a couple of guys we know that are going to ride while their wives are at the clinic. It should be fun.

Annie

I originally planned to go but looks like that I will now be out of town for work that week. Rats! There are 5 or 6 gals from PAMBA / CORBA who plan to attend. It sounds like a fantastic weekend.
    I wanna ride!