Thread: what is black partridge like?

Default what is black partridge like?

I've never been down to these trails.......could anyone provide some comparisons to other trails that are local and/or in the Chicago area.

also, with the rain were supposed to get this week.....is there a chance that they will cancel the race?

There is a thread in the "open forum" folder titled "Black Partridge" where I asked the same question about the course. Not sure about the rain though.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

BP sheds water very well, I would NOT expect it to be canceled (seeing what the weather is predicted to be this week) but watch the Pamba sight and here for info.

The trails are smooth and flowy. Expect 3 climbs per lap, not vertical gut busters but respectable if you're trying to ride them at speed. Numerous logs, nothing huge but several 6 to 8 inchers and more 4-6 inchers per lap. Also- on trail 7 lots of down-ups between 5 and 20 feet, places where you ride straight down a ravine side and back up the other side- VERY fun stuff!!

The only thing to be aware of is that if wet, a couple of the bridges were put in by the boy scouts and they are treated lumber. PAMBA has gone back in and scored them for traction really well so it's not as bad as it once was, just something to be aware of, IMHFO.

Black Partridge is a lot of fun and once you ride the race, you'll want to go back for a fun day!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.