Thread: Ladies "No Chick Left Behind" Ride - Thursday, May 6th - Sco Co Pa 6:00 PM

Default Ladies "No Chick Left Behind" Ride - Thursday, May 6th - Sco Co Pa 6:00 PM

Our next NCLB ride will be Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 6:00 PM at Scott County Park in Parkview, IA. Can you believe we are already into MAY?! Wow! Please try to arrive by 5:50 so that we can leave the parking lot by 6 PM. Spread the word to those ladies you think may be interested! Keep in mind that upon occasion, Sco Co Pa will be closed when other parks remain open (like last night). Stay tuned to this forum for updates should we receive rain.

The following week, on THURSDAY May 13th (my post last week was that it would be on May 12th, but I forgot that I agreed to play softball on Wednesday nights starting in May), we will be having our very first Pink Sock Ride of the year. This will be a No ONE Left Behind ride which includes the male persuasion. It's a ride that encourages beginners to join us. Not sure yet which park. It will be either Sunderbruch or Scott County Park. Pink Sock rides regularly end with a cookout in the parking lot. I have a small portable grill, and if one or two other people bring a small grill, we will be set! Bring something to throw on the grill if you're inclined, a lawnchair, and beverages. Plan to enjoy some post-ride parking lot camaradery. Stay tuned for that (I will make a separate post for the Pink Sock Ride).
    I wanna ride!

Just confirmed with Scott County Park that the trails ARE open today. See everyone there at 6 tonight!
    I wanna ride!

Josie just got out to Sco Co Pa and the "trails closed" sign is up. She talked to them and confirmed that the trails are closed. Apparently the person that spoke to me THIS MORNING didn't know what the heck they were talking about! Sunderbruch is open, so going to go there.
    I wanna ride!