Thread: Seat recommendation for casual female rider?

Default Seat recommendation for casual female rider?

So last Mother's Day I bought my mom who's 50 the fastest, baddest ass race bike ever built: A '98 Schwinn Homegrown Pro complete with two-tone bass-boat blue paint job. It's a beaut! (Truth is I bought it for myself after I bought another Homegrown frame for myself and before I bought, yet another identical Homegrown with better components for myself...I had no gift ready for Mom's Day last year and Mom bought me my Schwinn Moab back in the day, so Mom got the odd-bike-out, but I digress...) She loved the bike so much I convinced her to get a long overdue hip replacement surgery over the winter so she could actually ride it without using a hoist to get on and off the steed. She's recovered now and ready to ride albeit casually. She has my old race seat on her current rig and asked me if I could find her "a more comfortable seat that will still look cool with my awesome bike."

Seeing how I don't ride casually, am not 50, and (let me check...yep) not a woman...I have no idea where to begin with this quest. Does anyone have a suggestion? I gotta find a gift and I really can't afford to unload another bike (I wonder if she'd like my Slingshot Farmboy?) b/c I can't get my act together and buy a reasonable gift in time. Please help me save my bike collection and my mom's you-know-what! Thanks!
    Dirt Don't Hurt

there's just something about this post that makes me feel.....icky
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

So glad you checked your nether regions and shared with us! That's what this FORC family is all about. Ew!

I can't speak to the more cushy comfort bike saddles, but I do have to say that of the 3 women's specific saddles that I have, by far, the most comfortable one (in my opinion) is the Terry Women's Butterfly which is considered a recreational saddle (I also have a Selle Italia and a Nashbar women's saddle on other bikes). Check out Terry's women's saddles: http://www.terrybicycles.com/saddles/womens

I wanna ride!

Terry Butterfly, hands down. So to speak...

We have a spare one you can use for a try-out if you'd like.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.