Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TRIP - Levis Trow Mounds, May 29-31, 2010

Theres one or two coming from Peoria that have never been there before. I dont even know where it is. So directions would be good!
    If the best route is thru QC, then perhaps we can choose a meetup location.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Poof, Bex and I may drive up Friday night. I know we'll be setting camp in the dark, but it will just be a tent, chair and a beer so we should be able to handle that.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

AG, you mind throwing my fully in the trailer in case we do hit Blue on the way back? I can get it to you this week.
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    President

yep
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    AG, you mind throwing my fully in the trailer in case we do hit Blue on the way back? I can get it to you this week.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Board Position
    President

Well looking at the maps. If you leave from Peoria you got interstate most of the way. If you meet us up here it's high way 61 all the way with 4 and 2 lane. Distance and time is about the same. I am planning on leaving @ 9 with a lunch stop somewhere on the way. Let me know where you want to leave from and I'll guild you the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwrath View Post
    Theres one or two coming from Peoria that have never been there before. I dont even know where it is. So directions would be good!
    If the best route is thru QC, then perhaps we can choose a meetup location.

Hey, remember Asagi from PAMBA? The cool Japanese lady who rode the night ride with us at Farmdale a couple years ago without lights and did a Superman into the creek. She had this to say:

OMG, I am jealous!!! Levis is my absolute favorite trail system!!! I would love to go but I have a plan to be in IN that weekend (no no not Brown County, just plain camping with non-biking friends). Please ride "North Face" for me!!! If you have time, I highly recommend checking out Lowes Creek County Park in Eau Claire, WI.
    http://chippewaoffroad.org/?page_id=7
    They also host the WORS race and people really seem to enjoy the course. I am sure if you post something in their forum, some member will be more than happy to show you guys around. My favorite is "Skull" and "RAD" but rest of the trail are pretty sweet. Have a great time!!!

and, a reply to a comment I made:

Thank you for keeping the possibility open for riding the Lowes Creek County Park. I used to belong to the club and they do a fantastic job of adding/improving/maintaining their trail system. I thought I should mentioned that Chippewa Falls, WI is not too far from Lowes Creek so if you have time or those who cannot ride due to mechanical or injury issue, they have an option of making a pilgrimage to Leinenkugel Brewing Company factory tour (free with samples), I apologize in advance to those who only drink Fat Tire and Sam Adams.

http://www.leinie.com/tour.html

So, here is info about the Leinie tours....

Year-round Hours
    Monday-Thursday & Sat.:
    Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with tours every half hour from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Friday:
    Open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. with tours every half hour from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Sunday:
    Open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. with tours every half hour from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
    The Leinie Lodge is closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day. Maximum 15 people per tour. Reservations recommended. Parts of the brewery tour are outside; please dress appropriately for the weather. The tour involves a lot of standing, walking and stair-climbing. We offer a video tour as an alternative.

To make a reservation, please call:
    888-LEINIES or 715-723-5557
    I wanna ride!

don't know what happened to my last reply, but I can drive and have room for one person and their bike if you'd like to share the cost. Coming in from Muscatine if that helps.

Board Position
    President

Squirrel (AKA AndyJ) lives in Muscatine. He has a place in my van now but riding with you makes sense also. Makes no differents to me just thought I'd throw that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by scsl07 View Post
    don't know what happened to my last reply, but I can drive and have room for one person and their bike if you'd like to share the cost. Coming in from Muscatine if that helps.

scsl07, I don't mind riding up with you, PM me and we can work details.

AG, I'll let you know when I know for sure what the plan is.

I am so jealous of all of you!!! I always wanted to do Levis, but never did was I in the Midwest. Well if I'm not there someone is going to have get drunk and do something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    Well if I'm not there someone is going to have get drunk and do something stupid.
    I got it covered!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Last day for anyone thinking about joining us for the 1st trip this year behind the cheese curtain!! Looks like it's gonna be an easy going, great weather, no tension trip.

If you're still on the fence, it's time to make the calls and get it together!

I am in. meet you guys up there

Default Wow!!!

What an incredible, awesome, fun weekend. Thanks FORCers for the great time! You guys and gals do it up RIGHT!!!

Here is the group photo Ray took using my camera.

And here are the others (minus the hundred other throw-aways!)
    Levis Mound 2010

I cant wait to see some video!

Default tired and still numb

Thank you all for a great weekend! I will be crashing more of your parties

I didnt take a ton of pics but I did get a few.

Thanks for posting the pics!! Great time this weekend.

FYI- Meilke dislocated his elbow and broke his arm in 2 places. After x-rays at black river falls, Voinda had to take him to La Crosse where they kept him overnight after surgery for a plate and some pins, but he should be home today.

Everyone be sure to wish him well!!

damn! get well soon mielke

I was hoping for better news for him, but since one does not normally "dislocate" an elbow, I feared surgery would be required.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I 2nd the WOW! Great trails and great folks = great time. Looking forward to doing it again. This club rocks!
    Thanks for posting the pictures.
    Meilke, sorry to hear about your arm. Get better soon.

hey guys...

havent typed one-handed since grade school so this will be short...

AMAZING trails, AMAZING people, AMAZING weekend.

Glad my injury occurred at the tail end of the last ride of the weekend...phew!

Thank you to Jonny, Ray, Tim, Dave and everybody else who helped me put myself together enough to get back to camp.

Thank you to Jonny, who sacrificed the rest of his ride to walk out his bike *and* mine.

Thank you to Dave Brown and the NMBP for the sling.

Thank you to Bexter for the High Life.

...and last but certainly not least THANK YOU to the wonderful woman who goes by the name of Vonda.

as far as my condition - broken ulna, dislocated radius, 9 screws and a plate...but I'm good! doc says 3 months heal time, which blows but I'll get through.

still doesn't take away from this being a.... GREAT TRIP

...if there's anybody else I'm forgetting, forgive me please...things were a bit blurry
    Last edited by jimithng23; 06-01-2010 at 06:26 PM.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Milkman, glad to hear your spirits are still high. Hope the recovery process isn't too bad for you. Tim, you take great pictures! The night picture around the fire with the stars is awesome. It was truly a great trip with amazing trails. For those that haven't been to Levis/Trow Mounds absolutely need to get up there sometime. Best trails I have ever ridden. Peace, Neips

Board Position
    President

Great friends, Great trails, Great times! It was awesome to see new faces and make new friends. Can't wait to go back (Gnome Fest baby!). Aaron as always let me know if you need anything. Heal fast.

AG

I had an absolute BLAST! Thanks everyone for making it great It's official...I'm addicted.

Nice to meet everyone....sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye! Awesome pics, Tim! I'm borrowing one for my profile photo.

Mielke you did great through everything. Based on how you sailed through surgery I'm anticipating you'll sail through recovery!

Thank you for inviting us! That was a fun and relaxing weekend! I had so much fun hanging out with you folks and meeting new friends. It's amazing how many excellent trails were added to Levis since my last visit. I definitely want to go back.

Hope you heal up quickly, Meilke.

Quote Originally Posted by life is vondaba View Post
    Mielke you did great through everything. Based on how you sailed through surgery I'm anticipating you'll sail through recovery!
    I'm pretty sure the immense amount of narcotics in my system had more to do with me "sailing" than anything :-) You're the best Vonda.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."