I know, you have been asking for a while, "Bexter, where are we going this year for Memorial Day?!" Well, AG has been working on this one. Coordinating with our good friends CAMBR up North, this year's Memorial Day weekend trip will be to Levis Trow Mounds in Black River Falls, WI (and a possible stop on the way home on Memorial Day at Blue Mounds). Hoping that our other mtn biking brethren from PAMBA, CORBA, LAMBA, ICORR, etc. may consider joining FORC and CAMBR for a blow-out Memorial Day weekend of fun, friends and riding.

Levis website: http://www.co.clark.wi.us/ClarkCounty/Departments/forestryparks/LevisMound/Bike.asp

Details:
Meet at AG's house in Davenport (PM me or him for his address if you don't know where he lives) on Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 8:30 AM with a departure time of 9:00 AM. Levis is roughly a 4 hour drive, and in proper FORC fashion, we WILL be stopping for sustenance at a microbrewery on our way up around the Noon hour (not sure if it will be Great Dane Brewery in Madison or a *new* one).

We are camping. Remember 2 years ago, 31 or 32 people all camping at Kettle Moraine, our cookout, Lori and Russ' bourbon glazed grilled pineapple, miles and miles of fantastic riding, and tornadic weather to round out the weekend???? Camp will be set up at the trail head. CAMBR has secured permission for the group camp there. That's a cool deal! There are flush toilets there, and there are showers a few miles away at their official campground.

Ride, ride, ride, drink, eat, ride, drink, ride, drink, eat, sleep.

We will pack up on Monday, May 31, 2010 and head back home and if things work out, we will hit Blue Mounds for a ride on our way back. I BET we MIGHT stop at Grumpy Troll Brewery IF we do get to Mt. Horeb and ride Blue. If you have a fully, you may want to bring it for Blue. I don't know about Levis as I've never ridden there.

Bike passes are required to ride the trails in Wisconsin. You can buy a day pass or an annual pass at the gate.

What we need to know is who is in (please post up) so that we can figure out how many vehicles we need to take and whether we need to haul the bike trailer.

Get your camping gear together, clean out your coolers, buy a new can of bug spray, get your bike maintenance done, make babysitting or puppysitting arrangements, tell the boss you'll be sick on Memorial Day (if you normally would have to work). For the love of God, we are going riding! My goodness, People, this is serious!

This will be nothing short of a phenominal weekend, weather providing. All skill levels welcome. We generally ride in groups based upon speed/skill similarities. You have a significant other who doesn't ride? That's OK. Bring 'em and they can relax while we are riding. Or, maybe we can haze them badly enough that they will ride.

What say you?