Thread: Kickapoo Down and Blue Mound

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i too must say that the work done out there is sweet. the new loop on blue mound seriously needs to be ridden........

i only got in 10.57 miles today before i had to leave to get to the park to play with my son and his friends. i did get a battle wound while there today though.

can you say "tree love"?????? i hip checked a tree on a ess section on rock cut i think.....??? nothing broken or unbearable but i have a good size strawberry and inner bruising adorning my hip fat now. i took a pic but left the camera at the shop. they'll follow tomorrow maybe.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Rode it today and I really liked the Kickapoo climb reroute. The down was also good. That trail will be smoking fast when compacted. A berm at that last left hand corner out to the paved trail would be amazing. I haven't ridden there since you put in the large tree skinny on Blue Mound. I remember seeing photos of it but that didn't do it justice. I didn't expect it to be that big! There was a large low camleback catching tree limb hanging above the trail on the upper section of Blue after the notched/ramped log over. Also some big tree decided to fall and rip out a good sized chunk of trail tread not far away. Great work on the improvements.