Thread: Long weekend of riding - Brown County, Indiana and Kickapoo - June 11-14, 2010

Default Long weekend of riding - Brown County, Indiana and Kickapoo - June 11-14, 2010

I have never been able to get my schedule to sync when my friends have hit Brown County (Nashville, IN)... until THIS YEAR! If you have never heard of Brown County, check out their website: http://www.browncountymountainbiking.com/ or know that my friends RAVE about it... 30 miles of sweet singletrack. 30 miles, FORCers!

The weekend of June 11th is their skills clinic weekend (http://www.midwestwomensclinic.com/) and I figure it will be fun to go, see what they have to say, ride their awesome trails, camp, MAYBE socialize, you get the gist. I am about 90% sure I will go to the skills weekend. The more the merrier. I cannot stress how awesome the trail reviews have been from my friends who have ACTUALLY RIDDEN THERE A FEW times and trails they have said they like that I then went and rode I ALSO LIKED. I'm sayin, it's a bit of a drive, but we have insider information supporting that the DRIVE IS WORTH IT.

Proposed game plan:
    • Register in advance, suck it up and pay the registration fee (I suspect it covers the cost for the instructors, some food and of course insurance which protects the club out there which we all know too well is a necessary evil.
    • Take Friday June 11th and Monday June 14th off work.
    • Leave home Friday sometime carpooling once we know exactly who will be going. Arrive Friday afternoon or early evening, set up camp, ride if time allows.
    • Saturday is the men's skills clinic but also bike demos from companies. Plan to ride ride eat drink ride ride eat drink.
    • Sunday is the women's skills clinic.
    • Pack up camp Monday morning, hit Kickapoo and ride there on the way home Monday, get home Monday night.
    I wanna ride!

Now *that's* a trip!

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.