Thread: Ladies "No Chick Left Behind" Ride - MONDAY, April 19, 2010 5:45 Scott County Park

Default Ladies "No Chick Left Behind" Ride - MONDAY, April 19, 2010 5:45 Scott County Park

By scheduling this on Monday night, I am saved from riding the Gov's recovery road ride with DICE that is an actual easy-paced recovery ride for those mahhhvelously physically fit people but a real workout for me! :)

For those new to the Ladies "No Chick Left Behind" rides, this is a weekly ride geared toward the novice female rider with the goal of helping women learn basic mtn biking skills and develop confidence in their riding without the pressure of riding with their male counterparts. We love ya, guys, but this one is for the ladies (but don't fear, we will be starting our Pink Sock rides in May -- men are welcome). The NCLB rides are at a relaxed pace with stops at varying obstacles to put our new-found skills to work. All you need is a mtn bike, helmet and a desire to learn!

The next NCLB ride will be this Monday, April 19, 2010 at Scott County Park in Parkview, IA. Please try to arrive by 5:45. We will be leaving the parking lot at 6 PM. Spread the word! Please check back here in the event of inclimate weather 24 hours before this scheduled ride. Upon occasion, Sco Co Pa will be closed when other parks remain open... so if it rains beforehand, we may still be able to ride at Sunderbruch Park or Sylvan Island. If not, the RAIN DATE for this ride will be Thursday, April 22nd.
    Last edited by Bexter; 04-16-2010 at 11:05 AM.
    I wanna ride!

SO glad we won't be having to use a rain date for tonight! It's absolutely beautiful today and the ride tonight will be really fun. This will be a relaxed pace and will be roughly 7 miles long. Leaving parking lot around 6. Call me (PM me for my cell # in advance if you don't have my #) if you want to join us but are running late. We can wait at the top grass hill after the South Loop for you (which is right up the hill from the parking lot.
    I wanna ride!

Another awesome turnout last night! TEN ladies! Will be posting next week's ride shortly...
    I wanna ride!