Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
Oh yeah, we got those kind of riders too. We also have a big shuttling problem were guys bomb down the trail with 6-7 inch travel bikes with no regard for anyone else. That's about the only time I elect to use the 'uphill rider has the right away' rule. I stay right in the middle and make them slow down. Better I get into a close call then the old couple behind me hiking. Hmmm... isn't everyone in CA smug though?
Not everyone, but there is a lot of smug people. They just don't have that down home charm like Midwesterners and Southerners do. I was actually suprised by the number of really cool riders out here. The one good thing about California is that a lot of folks out here upgrade components, bikes, and other parts for no darn reason other than the latest year model is out. Thats awesome because I buy a lot of great barely used parts off of them. Talk about thrifty shopping.

I hear that CO is the place to ride though. The group that I ride with the most just took a rode trip to Fruita this year. Great reviews!