Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rider etiquette??????

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    We all love to pedal, so why can't we all get along.
    Cause mean people suck and we don't. HAHA!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Hey don't worry, this is a NATION-WIDE epidemic. Out here in the CA, you always get some smug dude riding a bike that he paid way too much for his ride and that his abilities doesn't even remotely fit it. The problem here is that these guys will come hammering down a decent, knowing that its a two-way trail that people are coming up, and they will literally run bikers and hikers alike off of the trail. Add that to a guy that is known as the "PHANTOM POOPER" who has picked out 2 or 3 trails that he really likes to leave his DNA on and you the perfect case study for trail etiquette.

Another guy that I don't like is the guy who has gotten faster, and now thinks that he is too good to ride with mere mortals. Always, intentionally, dropping the group even though he knows that it is a group fun ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim3 View Post
    Hey don't worry, this is a NATION-WIDE epidemic. Out here in the CA, you always get some smug dude riding a bike that he paid way too much for his ride and that his abilities doesn't even remotely fit it. The problem here is that these guys will come hammering down a decent, knowing that its a two-way trail that people are coming up, and they will literally run bikers and hikers alike off of the trail. Add that to a guy that is known as the "PHANTOM POOPER" who has picked out 2 or 3 trails that he really likes to leave his DNA on and you the perfect case study for trail etiquette.

Another guy that I don't like is the guy who has gotten faster, and now thinks that he is too good to ride with mere mortals. Always, intentionally, dropping the group even though he knows that it is a group fun ride.

Oh yeah, we got those kind of riders too. We also have a big shuttling problem were guys bomb down the trail with 6-7 inch travel bikes with no regard for anyone else. That's about the only time I elect to use the 'uphill rider has the right away' rule. I stay right in the middle and make them slow down. Better I get into a close call then the old couple behind me hiking. Hmmm... isn't everyone in CA smug though?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    Oh yeah, we got those kind of riders too. We also have a big shuttling problem were guys bomb down the trail with 6-7 inch travel bikes with no regard for anyone else. That's about the only time I elect to use the 'uphill rider has the right away' rule. I stay right in the middle and make them slow down. Better I get into a close call then the old couple behind me hiking. Hmmm... isn't everyone in CA smug though?
    Not everyone, but there is a lot of smug people. They just don't have that down home charm like Midwesterners and Southerners do. I was actually suprised by the number of really cool riders out here. The one good thing about California is that a lot of folks out here upgrade components, bikes, and other parts for no darn reason other than the latest year model is out. Thats awesome because I buy a lot of great barely used parts off of them. Talk about thrifty shopping.

I hear that CO is the place to ride though. The group that I ride with the most just took a rode trip to Fruita this year. Great reviews!

I passed the coolest raodies ever today. They even said hey back and smiled. It was Bexter and her friend.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

it must be an epidemic.

driving to work this morning with my bikes on my rack--which was rear ended on monday by a typical bad female driver... two roadies on the bike path gave me a two fisted double arm pump wave! it made my day!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Slim- you know you could meet us in Moab or Fruita the 1st week in October! oops thread hijack... getting back on track-

Yeah, roadies suck, what he said.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.