Thread: rider etiquette??????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by JamisXC View Post
    An ass is an ass whether on a road bike, mountain bike, skis, bobsled or whatever. I've met some great mtbr's and roadies and to try and generalize one group as being better behaved than the other is misguided.
    Well put my friend, well put...
    Last edited by AG; 04-14-2010 at 07:11 AM. Reason: cause
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

My previous comments were tongue in cheek - meant to be a joke.
    I can't agree more that a-holes are everywhere. There are even some in this club. (thats me trying to be funny which sometimes is taken the wrong way.) Something I notice while riding the bike path or some of the local trails is the lack of joy on people's faces when riding. Isn't this supposed to be fun. Isn't that why we do it. Anyway, I look forward to riding with some of you folks....as long as y'all wanna have fun.

I am all in favor of jabbing roadies, just ask my friends that are roadies. There are a lot of cool dudes that ride road bikes. But there are a lot of douchebags too, on both kinds of bikes, there just tend to be fewer on the fat tired version, or so it seems to me. The line between roadies and mountain bikers is a little more blurry than it used to be these days. Seems like everybody's riding for some kind of team these days. What happened to sould riding? Just riding for the sake of riding. A person who owns a mountain bike does not necessarily make a mountain biker. So it goes for a person that owns a road bike. It's an attitude one chooses to portray. A real roadie doesn't ride on bike paths. And that's that.
    Last edited by farmboy; 05-02-2010 at 12:14 AM.

I think bike path riders in general fall into a totally separate category. Labeling people riding road bikes on the bike path's as "roadies" is just not accurate. I label these people as "bike path warriors." These are people that are usually only recreational riders, and are intimidated by actually riding on the roads. They also tend to be rude, inconsiderate, and rather inexperienced when it comes to all aspects of riding, besides of course, parking their truck/suv at the entrance of the bike path, riding to one end of the path, turning around, riding back to their car, and being total douche bags for the duration of that time. I rarely ride the bike paths here in town to avoid these types.

Quote Originally Posted by basebklyn1 View Post
    ... I label these people as "bike path warriors."
    Nice, I think you're on to something.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.