Thread: Moline trails

Default Moline trails

Ill be heading out your way in may and am looking for some trails to hit up. Ill be staying at stoney creek right on the river. i hear sylvan island is nice. Are there any trail maps or is it marked when i get there. Also any good places to drink good beer in the area hehe. thanks guys

erik

You can ride to Sylvan from Stoney Creek. It'll take longer to load your bike, drive there, and unload it. The bike path is very near the hotel, and goes right to the bridge to get onto the island. It isn't marked, and I'm pretty sure a map won't help much, if at all. The good news is, it's an island, and not a super big one at that. So, getting lost is only a very temporary thing. It has been in Dirt Rag and is worth riding.

15 minutes from your hotel is Sunderbruch, 20 minutes to Scott County Park, and I'm not sure how close Illiniwek is, but I'm sure it isn't very far. All these systems have some great and fun riding. Hopefully you have a chance to ride them all! Post up when you get into town, or check the "Let's Ride" forum to see where everyone is riding.

Hope to see you on the trails!!

For local beer near Stoney Creek, you can't beat Bent River Brewing Co. It's within walking distance of the hotel. I'm not that familiar with DT Moline, but if you just ask, someone will point you in the right direction.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

In addition to Bent River, Blue Cat Brew Pub is also a great choice! It is in downtown Rock Island further west of Sylvan, not far off the bike path. If you cross the Arsenal bridge into Davenport, Front Street Brewery is just west of the bridge on River Drive.
    I'm new to this group, but would love to ride the trails!!
    Thanks!
    Matt