Thread: Anyone ever annoyed at riding in Bettendorf:RANT!!

Default Anyone ever annoyed at riding in Bettendorf:RANT!!

So, I took off on my bike today. Rode to Davenport, rode back. Stood at a stoplight pushing the crosswalk button forever. Seriously, 20 minutes, and no go ahead to cross. WTF! Had I not been in the mood I'm in, not really a big deal. But, I come to another crosswalk, and the same thing. K, now I am not happy about the city I live in. Especially since I have been mowed down by a Volvo within the city limits. Head on collision, bent my front wheel past the down tube of my bike. Rodeo'd me across the hood, up the windshield, across the roof, down the rear window, sliding on my butt over the trunk and shooting me off the rear of the car. In an area where the speed limit is 10 mph. I am not saying I had no fault in THAT circumstance, but when you are wielding a 3000 pound vehicle in front of a school, you are in fact responsible for a lot of kids' safety. Anyway, tonight, I have had it with the attitude that because a person is on a bike or foot, they somehow don't count. How ridiculous of a concept is that? So my issue is this, if a city is going to have buttons to activate the crosswalk, why not have the buttons activate the crosswalk? Rather than pushing the button and becoming frustrated when nothing happens, and then crossing at your own risk, why not have the buttons actually activate the crosswalk? It seems simple. I'm gonna tell you right now, if I'd been hit by an automobile tonight, this town would no longer be named Bettendorf. It'd be Hollywood, and bike lanes would prevail!! Actually e-mailed the city, have to see what they say....

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director