Thread: Ladies "No Chick Left Behind" Ride - Thursday 4/15/10 5:30 PM - Sunderbruch Park

Default Ladies "No Chick Left Behind" Ride - Thursday 4/15/10 5:30 PM - Sunderbruch Park

Let's try this again and hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate with good conditions. Our next "No Chick Left Behind" ride will be on Thursday, April 15, 2010 at Sunderbruch Park in Davenport beginning at 5:30 PM. As a recap, this ride is geared toward beginner female mountain bike riders and will be a very relaxed, no one left behind pace. We will discuss basic skills, stop and work on various obstacles that may come up on the trail, answer questions as they come up, etc. These rides will continue, weekly, through May at different local parks with the goal to getting women comfortable riding off-road and hopefully develop the beginning of a long-term mtn biking passion.

Game plan is to leave the parking lot at 5:30ish, ride the asphalt road up and then hit the green loop and see how everyone does given a variety of skill levels and riding experience in our group. Then, I will take anyone interested in amping up the experience one level by adding in some of the blue (intermediate) loops. Those who feel as though they need more practice with basic skills can ride the green loop again on their own or with others who choose to join in (the green loop is approximately 2 miles long).

Bring a lawn chair, a sandwich and something to drink for post-ride parking lot camaraderie with FORC.

Rain date will be Friday, April 16, 2010, same place, same time.
    I wanna ride!

Beautiful weather is in store for today! Let's have a blast!!
    I wanna ride!