Thread: Armoring Some Wet Spots

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Default Armouring Some Wet Spots

There has been talk about trying to fix some of the wet spots on the trails near the Arsenal dam, which are almost underwater now. My idea is to harden and elevate the tread with gravel for the minor spots and flagstone pave the spots that never seem to dry to prevent rutting and trail widening. There is a large supply of material close (~200') to the trails in question. If you can, bring a wheelbarrow, 5 gallon buckets, and a shovel. I plan on starting around 4:00-4:30 PM and riding afterwards as conditions permit and if I can fit both the wheelbarrow and the bike in my car.
    Last edited by DH001; 04-08-2010 at 01:41 AM.

I think your going to need alot of rock in that area! Like every year we might have to reroute around that area.

JB

Board Position
    Vice President

are you talkin about wet spot#232 or wet spot#58 =)

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

It's been raining every 3 days since we put that section in 2 years ago so the bottoms have taken a beating. The short two can be planked for the race and filled at our leisure if we don't get to it, and the other one should probably be rerouted slightly- it looked like there was higher ground abound 15 ft away on the upstream side.

Be happy to meet you out there and scope it out...

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I couldn't fit the wheelbarrow in the car (surprise) so if anyone has one they can bring it would really help (Forcmeister did you get that wagon?) Ray, I think you are right about rerouting the section furthest to the east. See you there.