Thread: Ladies "No Chick Left Behind" Ride - Wednesday 4/7/10 6:00 PM - Sunderbruch Park

Default Ladies "No Chick Left Behind" Ride - Wednesday 4/7/10 6:00 PM - Sunderbruch Park

Ladies, our next NCLB ride will be this Wednesday, 4-7-10, at Sunderbruch Park in Davenport. I know Anna and Amanda won't be able to make it this week. Give me an idea if you plan to attend. I will be there by 5:15, ride a warm-up lap and will be back in the parking lot by 6 PM (anyone is welcome to join me on the warm up -- Greens and Blues). Two people that I know of work until 5:30, so that's the reason for the 6 PM start time. Hope to see you there. Spread the word to other interested female mtn bikers.

The following week, we will meet on Thursday, 4/15 at 6 PM. I am hoping for Scott County Park, but so far, the trails haven't been opened. Another week and a half may help. If not ScoCoPa, I will post the alternate destination.
    I wanna ride!

With the rain we received Sunday and the forecasted rain for the next few days, we may have to cancel or postpone our ride this week. One strong option is to move the ride to Sylvan Island since the terrain is more rain-resilient. Please check back here for updates about this week's NCLB ride.
    I wanna ride!

OK, the rain last night will have made Sunderbruch trails too wet to ride tonight. Hang tight until I can get a report on the trail conditions at Sylvan Island. We may be able to have our NCLB ride after all if we don't get more rain today (but at Sylvan Island instead). Stay tuned...
    I wanna ride!

It's official, tonight's NCLB ride is cancelled. Conditions are too wet and more scattered storms are predicted for this afternoon. I originally intended to have our rain date tomorrow night, but that's not viable now as I have a house showing. Want to get that house sold! Our next ride will be Thursday, April 15, 2010 6 PM at Sunderbruch Park in Davenport (Scott County has yet to be opened by the rangers and this rain will set the opening back even more so). See you next week!!
    I wanna ride!