Thread: Stampede start

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Stampede start

I was wondering if you are going to do a staggered start between women and men in the Novice Division? Like the ladies start 5 min behind the men. Chris L

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sylvan Island

Yes, that's what I was planning on doing. Is that what you would prefer?
    FM
    In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Default Stampede start

Yes, it really helps!!! Thanks!!! Hope to see you in a few weeks rain or shine , right? Chris L

That doesn't seem fair to the women. What if I women racer could care less about the class she is in and wants to compete against everyone?

Board Position

That doesn't seem fair to the women. What if I women racer could care less about the class she is in and wants to compete against everyone?

I'd say she could probably race womens open then, maybe.

Board Position

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    I'd say she could race womens open then, maybe.

Default start

I don't mind racing.... but being in the back of the pack so I don't get plowed down by 50 Novice Men isn't my idea of fun, usually there is only a small handful of women in the Novice division and we all have the same advantage to a even start if we are 5 mins later that's all..... just a thought. chris l

8. Default

Perhaps I missed it, but can somebody give us the start times.
    Thanks

Hey guys I have been contacting Quality Bike Parts (one of our distrubutors) and they have sent me a box full of "goody's" for the race. They sent 3 water bottles, A few shirts, some socks and other odds and ends. I'm going to be taking this home with me to keep it away from the vultures here and will gladly deliver it to Rick and Joan. If you guys are reading this you can call me at 309-912-5990 and like I said I'll just drop it off to you guys. The Quality people did ask for lots of race pictures to post on their facebook page and on their website as well.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

Can I have a rolling start from the port-a-john?
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Schnaufer, that has worked for you in the past! Good game plan!
    I wanna ride!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

This staggered start thing for the women is always an issue but I personally feel the womens class is the same as eny other class. Should we put the under 20 class 5 minutes back, too- cause in race times that is historically the mens slowest division.

There are women who train very very hard to be fast (Bex, Brandy, etc.) and then they have to spend the whole race trying to pass slow out of shape newbies- is that fair?

Personally, I feel if you are racing a cat, you should start with the cat. You can always start at the back of the pack and ride your speed without the handlbar battle in the front of the pack until you get fast enough that you want to go there.

However I will refrain from asking women who like the staggered start to "man up". HA!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I am out of shape, just not a newbie, as riding the last couple days has shown me. Not enough physical fitness over the winter. Ray, thank you for the compliment putting me in the same parens with Brandy who along with a million other ladies can knock my socks off without even removing my shoes. But, I like to ride, and I am getting better every year. I am fine with a regular start or a staggered start. I don't care. I'd say ask the ladies racing that day and do whatever the majority prefers.
    I wanna ride!