Thread: Newbee in town

Default Newbee in town

Hey, i'm a newbee to this area. (Well one year actually) I am a novice to mtb as well.
    Seeing if anyone will be ridding? Interduce me to the trails, the good, the bad and the ugly. The flow or direction of trails if any. Learn the in and outs to help promote and educate other people.
    Just to save embarrasment, currenty I have a specialized hard rock. Someday I plan to do my self a favor and upgrade to a better bike. But for now, just looking to do some ridding.

Thank you
    Phil

Hey Phil. There are some really nice trails in the area, most of which will be closed for probably another month. Keep an eye on the Let's Ride Forum. This is where people post up (sometimes) when and where they will be riding. Also, we have weekly rides with nobody left behind. These will probably begin when nicer weather is here. Happy riding

welcome!

you will quickly find out with this club - the bike doesn't matter, simply join us and RIDE!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Also- if you subscribe to the lets ride forum, anytime someone posts a ride, you get an email telling you when and where they are going!!

Dooood- I can't tell you how many crappy days have turned to good cause one of my knobbie's posted a ride after work!!

Welcome to the Area! around here ss long as you got a helmet up top and a bike down under you're allright!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Hey Phil, welcome! Ditto to everything everyone said! Awesome camaraderie, global appreciation of riding regardless of the equipment you have. Just enjoy it! Given the forecast for Saturday and then next week, there will be tons of people riding at Sylvan (the only place around here dry enough to ride) next week! I know with certainty that I will be riding Saturday around 11 or Noon, then on Tuesday and Wednesday nights 5:30ish. See you on the trails!!
    I wanna ride!