Thread: Island Report

Default Island Report

Went down to the Island after work today and walked most of last years race course. Some of it was dry enough that if you rode it there would be no rut, in other areas you will leave a big rut (someone out there know's what I'm talking about). The dike, trails up to the dike, and some of the low spots caused by last years weather and race are real soft. We might look into getting some rock to fill in some of the low spots to prevent standing water and quicken the drying process. Also would be great to have a trail day sometime in the next week to do a general clean up of the island and remove a few downed and low hanging trees and branches.

JB

Don't shake that finger at me. We left when it started getting soft. There are other people in the QCA that ride there.

i didn't see any names mentioned..........guilty conscience? there are tons of people that ride sylvan and no way to control the damage they do, its part of being in the urban environment. Russ, i'm sure you didn't do intentional damage, if it was in fact you that did so. relax and enjoy.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

It's all cool Russhole! I'm not pointing any fingers, just my way of saying it's to wet to ride Sylvan at this time. But it is time to start getting ready for a RACE!

JB

not that guilty. I was just the last one to post up for riding there. As iluvtechnical says ( you didn't see me do it. You can't prove it.)

I can't wait for the race. Let me know what I can do to help get ready for it.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

I've got the last half of this week off, I'd be willing to spend some time cutting if need be- IF my sore arm gets to feeling decent in the next few days- it was schnaufers fault...

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I'm free this week, except Friday, to help out. Let me know when you are heading out there.

post up or text me with details. i'll come if i can.

I've only got one good hand but I'm good for thursday morining if that works for everyone else.

JB

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Are there any trees down, areas we'll need bridging, etc? Thursday morning could work- 10:00?

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I have a big paper due Tuesday, so I can't do anything till that's done. Otherwise, Saturday mornings work best for me otherwise.

if im not workin, ill plan on being there. its on a day by day basis at this point. depends on the business at my lbs,...... since i got a yob there now.

Of what I walked there is one tree down and one that needs to be trimmed back, no bridging at this time, rest is just general clean up,10:00 works for me. LBS dru_b which one?

JB

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I will be there Thursday @ 10. Will the trails be rideable by then?

part time'n it at good ole b&h.

You guys willing to post trail conditions after assessing things Thursday? It's supposed to be 65 Thursday and while I had planned to go for a road ride after work til dark on Thursday, I'd prefer to ride offroad if conditions allow...
    I wanna ride!

I would also be down for a ride Thursday evening if the trails are ok.

I'm open for trail maitenance for most Saturday mornings and some evenings from here out. Call me if you need help. 309-507-1892