Thread: CPR Training

Default CPR Training

If you were thinking of joining the MTB patrol and need to get your CPR/AED certification (or recertification, current members. It's only good for a year) I signed up for a class on Wed. March 24, 6:00 to 10:00pm. It is at the Red Cross Building in Moline, 1100 River dr, 61265, across the street from the Mark parking lot. Join me, It's always more fun when you can tease friends instead of strangers.

Note: If you are a new recruit you will need to get both CPR and First Aid. Red Cross offers classes that combine both and costs a couple $ less than the classes seperately. It usually runs 8 hrs and often on the weekend.

Another note: If you are thinking of taking the Wilderness First Aid class in May (as seen in the post by Splash), as I am, you will need to have a current CPR and First Aid cert.

The class I signed up for is
    CPR/AED - Adult
    March 24,2010
    6-10pm
    $40.00

Course HSSA107
    Schedule ID 2769501

peace
    db

I was trying to get into a combined class, both cpr and first aid, but they have been full. So, I bit the bullet and will be in the March 24th class, and take first aid on the 30th. Advice to anyone looking to take the combined class, sign up as soon as possible before they fill. They only take 14 people per class.

-HW

Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

Karen and I are signed up for the 24th.
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

ANALYZING ANALYZING Tonight FORC was well represented at the Red Cross as Dave B, Johnny S, Brad M, Karen and Scot got their certifications in Adult CPR/AED. This was a re-certification for most but another step closer for Johnny becoming one of the few, the proud, the NMBP. I hope nobody told him about the initiation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLASH View Post
    ANALYZING ANALYZING Tonight FORC was well represented at the Red Cross as Dave B, Johnny S, Brad M, Karen and Scot got their certifications in Adult CPR/AED. This was a re-certification for most but another step closer for Johnny becoming one of the few, the proud, the NMBP. I hope nobody told him about the initiation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I go to First Aid Wednesday night. Oh great, I'm gonna be hazed! If I'm spanked with paddles embossed with a NMBP cross , or I'm forced to dance to Lady Ga Ga, I'll give you 10 minutes to stop! HAHA!