Thread: Brand new to clipless pedals

Default Brand new to clipless pedals

I got my new bike on wed. so yesterday I set up a one obstacle indoor practice spot in my garage to get used to the pedals. I fell twice OUCH! thats a pretty helpless feeling when you're falling and can't put your foot down but I got alot quicker in the hour or so I messed with it. Can't wait to try them in the real world.

Been there too many times. I seems to take a year to fall over. I jacked my knee pretty good on some black top. When you hit the trails you'll pop out when needed. It's a natural twist of the ankel when you go to stomp down. I was pretty scethcy the first couple trips out. I ended up loosening the clips most of the way. When are we going ridin'? I can't this weekend. I'll be in CO. for skiing. Maybe next?
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Which pedals did you end up going with?

Two Wheeler, those "clipless incidents" will become fewer and further between. My biggest "challenge" was REMEMBERING that I was clipped in when coming to a stop (most often in really tough terrain like parking lots and trail heads -- ha ha). Clipping out will become second nature to you with some time.
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

he got the candy c's that came stock with the bike...
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

More importantly- You have a place to do a little riding indoors? You holdin out on us?- cause I will bring beer right now!!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Russ send me a pm if you want to go riding, Vibrato it's a 24X 30 garage but if you are bringing beer your welcome to ride anytime, it is heated with cable tv and a good sound system.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

The other day I made an "S" skinny, where the back wheel goes on a different board than the fron wheel, and me and Krud rode it in my garage for 2 hours.

Gosh I'd like a little bigger place that we could build and leave obstacles in...

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Ya I would have rather built my garage much larger BUT MONEY always limits my dreams!!