Thread: Recommendations on tires for the local trails

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Board Position
    President

I had a set of 8's got to say, hated them. Ran them early this year with different trail conditions and different psi. I am here to tell you I will never run them again. They pushed through the turns when the trails were dry and when the trails were tacky they slide skis. Slick Rock Moad is the best place for the tires. I tried a few different tire combos this past year and always went back to something with knobs. My Serac IRC always seemed to work 90% of the time.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

try out some bontrager tires. They have a 30 day test ride period that if you aren't happy, we try something else. how can you beat that? I personally like the XDX's, but also like the 29-3's on the hifi. By the way... 26 or 29? Did we get to that yet?
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    My Serac IRC always seemed to work 90% of the time.
    60% of the time, it works...every time! Good one, AG.
    How can anyone review SB8's from riding last year? It was NEVER dry. Hard pack? Yeah right. I have a feeling the SB8's will rock when it's truly dry. However, I think it sucks to have to switch tires just b/c the trails are tacky. I wish I bought a more versatile tire. No recommendation except don't buy the SB8's unless you plan on buying multiple sets of tires.

BTW, SB8's at Ray's? That seems like a good idea to me. Am I wrong?
    Dirt Don't Hurt