Thread: membership dues

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sylvan Island

Default membership dues

If you are planning on coming to the meeting tomorrow night,
    I'll have the stuff there for you to renew your dues or you can take it with you and mail it back to me.

FM

are the dues up to $20 for the year at this point?
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

Okay, I mean this with all due respect because I think you folks are fantastic! But, I need to ask since I do not seem to see the answer on the forums. (Unless I missed it)

Why did you raise the membership rate? I get a membership form in the mail with the $15 crossed off and a handwritten $20 substituted. Yet no where in the letter with the form is there an explanation as to the increase in membership dues.

As most of you know, I do not live in your area, yet I joined and became a member because I was born in Rock Island and my family still lives in the QC area. I try to ride your trails and even help when I could with trail care/races etc. whenever I am home for a few days.

Now some of you may think it's silly for me to question 5 dollars and may even chastise me for it amongst yourselves, I don't know. But in this day and age of economic duress, why add to it? 5 bucks gives one of my four children lunch at school for a week.

I can't even think about where I will get the cash to make repairs to my bike if needed right now, my property taxes just went up again, and the cost of feeding my family is getting increasingly higher. So in the grand scheme of things, should I cough up the extra 5 bucks to the club? I guess I will just have to think about that one a little harder than I did last year. Priorities have a way of making these decisions for you I'd say.

If this was addressed in another post, then I apologize in advance for my rant. If it was not, however, I believe an explanation is order.

Again, I do not mean to be disrespectful, I just saw my FORC membership come in the mail with my tax notice. Call it bad timing or whatever, but that's just the way it happens I guess.
    Nature loves cheese!

Hey Doug. Yes, we voted to increase the membership price this year from $15 to $20. The increase will bring an "improved" membership pack which will include more club information and a vinyl sticker (similar to PAMBA), and will also cover a new benefit to membership - a $5 race fee reduction at FORC races for members. Looking for more ways to encourage membership and, as you can probably figure using either new or old math, provide even more benefit to membership (and let you use your savings on more bike parts). I hope you agree and will renew your membership.

Sorry about the confusion, we should have included this information when the letters were sent. Let me know if you have any questions.

Rg.
    Last edited by Rage; 01-18-2009 at 03:41 PM.
    Haters gonna hate.

Thanks for the quick response Rage. I appreciate you not attacking my vent, I am really upset that my taxes went up over 1K in one year and they are making it an extremely difficult process to put in a dispute!:mad:

What do they call that in psychology? Deflecting or something like that?
    Nature loves cheese!

Another case of "The Man trying to keep a brother down" is what they call it Doug.

So we just gotta keep finding new ways to "Stick it to the Man".

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.