Thread: New Members for NMBP and Ambassadors

Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

Default New Members for NMBP and Ambassadors

If you are interested in becoming a member of the NMBP or in becoming an Ambassador, please post up here. If we get enough interest, we will hold a certification class.
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am interested, but I would need to wait till May for any classes.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

I'm interested in nmbp.

-HW

I'm pretty new to the sport but I am interested. I do have a lot of prior first aid training and experience in handling emergent issues due to 16 years in the Army and 3 trips to Iraq. I'd love to do it if my inexperience in the sport itself isn't a deal breaker.

Hey Gene, you can find the list of qualifications necessary and descriptions of the expected duties for mountain bike patrol and trail ambassadors on imba's site: http://www.imba.com/nmbp/membership.html. Without knowing your level of riding experience or knowledge of bicycle mechanics, I would say that those areas might be the biggest hurdles for someone new to the sport. Not ones that can't be overcome though. If you have concerns with the mechanical side, drop me a personal message & I'll see if we can't work out a night or two to tear into a bike and get you comfortable, or Moon holds wrenching classes at Healthy Habits. I'm not certain if other shops offer classes too. I'm not a deciding authority, but I would say that you just need to ride reasonably well. I'd message Splash or Dirtboy or Rage to initiate the process. Thank you for your service!!!