Thread: Midwest MTB Summit in Michigan dates set!

Default Midwest MTB Summit in Michigan dates set!

Hot off the press, Nate Phelps from the Michigan MTB Association emailed today and they have finally selected the weekend for the 2010 Midwest MTB Summit in Michigan:

Sept 10-12, 2010 w/ a welcome reception on the 9th

Sounds like we might be attending TWO summits this year! One in Georgia in May (check out Vibrato's post) and the one in Michigan in September. How cool is that?! Road TripS!
    :banana:

This will be a fantastic opportunity for us to see how two different entities put on a summit/fest which will certainly be excellent food for thought for OUR Fest in 2011. Be sure that we are ALREADY working on OUR Fest and it's going to be a rockin' rollin' good time! 2011 and 2012.
    I wanna ride!

A couple other events are also going on this weekend in September to keep in mind. Gnome Fest and the Door County Century. Gnome Fest was on our radar for 2010.
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    President

The list of events so far that weekend:
    WORS Tread Fest
    Comlara Mud Sweat and Gears
    Gnome Fest
    Door County Century (done this one last 2 years)
    Mid-West Mountain bike Summit
    Anythng else?
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    The list of events so far that weekend:
    WORS Tread Fest
    Comlara Mud Sweat and Gears
    Gnome Fest
    Door County Century (done this one last 2 years)
    Mid-West Mountain bike Summit
    Anythng else?
    so everyone tell your employers right now that unfortunately, due to extrenuating circumstances, you do not have the ability to perform your duties for the entire month of september. however, you still expect to receive your normal compensation regardless of any work time missed due to the previously set forth circumstances.

reply back with your successfull results.

"ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Board Position
    President

I'm good. Boss said cool. Now I just need to figure out how to be in multiple places at once.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

I plan to say I'm at work, but actually work through my crackberry and laptop for the duration. I know this cat who taught me that trick on a Ray's trip once...

I have tentative plans to go to the Copper Harbor Fest and Gnome Fest (Two IMBA EPICS in ONE week!!) and I might not come home in between, so I won't be able to attend the summit. I loved the trails up there so I may try to get there on a different weekend, Probably in June or July when it's hot in the southern 3/4 of the US, I'll head north to grand Rapids Area.

I know it's tough finding a weekend when there isn't a bunch of other MTB events going on, but a fest at an EPIC trail system I haven't ridden yet is to good for me to pass up.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    I plan to say I'm at work, but actually work through my crackberry and laptop for the duration. I know this cat who taught me that trick on a Ray's trip once...
    It's a wonder that dude still has a job...

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.