Thread: The Few, the Proud, the NMBP

Default The Few, the Proud, the NMBP

Hey Patrollers and Ambassadors,
    Just a note on renewing certifications and membership. I noticed that my CPR/AED ("clear the area!") certification expires next month. So I did some checking on the situation. Here's what I found out.

1. The IMBA membership for all patrollers and ambassadors runs from May 1 to April 30. So we have a while until we need to re-up IMBA membership. For the Ambassadors that is all you have to do. I don't think you need to retake the test but I couldn't confirm that.
    2. The First Aid certification the patrollers earned is good for 3 years. I guess putting on band-aids is like riding a bike, you never forget. Although I might review the material on how to use a bike fork as a splint.
    3. The CPR/AED certification is only good for 1 year and mine expires in Feb. I guess before you tongue kiss an ailing biking partner you need to review; not just buy them dinner.

I called the Red Cross and asked what is required to renew the CPR/AED certification. They said we need to retake the class. There is not a special 'renew' class. It is just repeating the class we took.
    So my thought is rather than take the class in Feb. I may wait until late March and take it then to more closely coincide with the IMBA renewal, but also to be ready for the Stampede.
    The red cross has classes in Adult CPR/AED as follows:

Tue 2/16 6-10pm
    Wed 3/24 6-10pm
    This class costs $40
    But they also have Adult CPR/AED with First Aid classes as follows:
    The person I talked to said we can take this class and leave before the first aid training starts, I would guess that would put the class at 8am-noon.It does cost an extra 10 bucks though, $50.

Sat 2/20 8am-3:30pm
    Thur. 2/25 8-3:30
    Sat 3/6 8-3:30
    Wed. 3/17 8-3:30
    Thur 3/30 8-3:30

At this point in time I am leaning toward the Wed 3/24 6 - 10pm class. We don't have to take the class together but it was fun last time. Gunchie we will miss you, who else is going to yell "Rage call 911". Post up and let me know what you guys think.

One more thing, we need more Patrollers and Ambassadors. Take a look on IMBA's site and/or talk to one of your fellow FORCers who are doing it. It is not that tough to get certified and you get a cool pair of socks. Who knows the club may even throw in a pint glass to sweeten the deal.
    peace
    db

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Thanks for the post DB, I noticed that my 1st aid is up this year too, so I gotta take'em both anyway. I'll prolly hit one of the day classes rather than pay seperately for both, but I'll keep an eye on the plans cause it's more fun together.

As for New Patrollers and Ambassadors- I don't know, man, we're a pretty elite group, I think we gotta have a beer with you after you get your jersey to be "Official"! JOIN UP! the more the better!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

NEWBIE buys, right?
    db

I heard that Patrollers can handle scary situations, like a patio umbrella in a ceiling fan. I have been considering becoming one of the "elite". you guys drink Meister Brau?

-HW

Yes, some members of the force were enlisted to combat an unruly umbrella in a domestic with a ceiling fan. Those kind of situations are dangerous and although we realize the danger, still we rush in to help...after one last sip of beer and after making sure no one else is getting off their butt to do it. Please join the team!
    Hey, how did you know mp's pet name for me was Meister Brau? And I have checked the allowable consumables list and we will drink MB. Let's see... it's below homebrew, old homebrew, ... falstaff...red white and...ah here it is, right below Milwaukee's Best and right above Hamms. Man, we need to rethink our pay scale!db

ha ha! My evil plan of turning the mtbp into drinkers of beer only fit for college kids and shirtless whinos is well underway! Soon, I will have them wearing tight yeti jerseys unzipped to their navels, growing beards, and driving vehicles with one shiny wheel! Rats, I have just revealed my diabolical plan!

I mean, I am excited to laugh in the face of danger to help fellow riders! I'll hit you up for details soon.

muuuwhaaahaahaa!
    -hw

I want in on this this year. I just got CPR / AED certified for work last month so I should be good there. Guess I just have to get First Aid for the medical stuff then. What else do I gotta do?

Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

You have to take the online test on the IMBA website. When we get enough people interested, we will hold a certification class.
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So I passed first aid this week. So, what's next? Do I take the class, or take the test first?

Quote Originally Posted by Home Grown Turtle View Post
    So I passed first aid this week. So, what's next? Do I take the class, or take the test first?
    Class, then test.

Then Glory.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Class, then test.

Then Glory.

Rg.
    sweet! my schedule is pretty flexible, so whenever is good for y'all, I can prolly make it work. I'm ready for some glory!!!