Hey Patrollers and Ambassadors,
Just a note on renewing certifications and membership. I noticed that my CPR/AED ("clear the area!") certification expires next month. So I did some checking on the situation. Here's what I found out.

1. The IMBA membership for all patrollers and ambassadors runs from May 1 to April 30. So we have a while until we need to re-up IMBA membership. For the Ambassadors that is all you have to do. I don't think you need to retake the test but I couldn't confirm that.
2. The First Aid certification the patrollers earned is good for 3 years. I guess putting on band-aids is like riding a bike, you never forget. Although I might review the material on how to use a bike fork as a splint.
3. The CPR/AED certification is only good for 1 year and mine expires in Feb. I guess before you tongue kiss an ailing biking partner you need to review; not just buy them dinner.

I called the Red Cross and asked what is required to renew the CPR/AED certification. They said we need to retake the class. There is not a special 'renew' class. It is just repeating the class we took.
So my thought is rather than take the class in Feb. I may wait until late March and take it then to more closely coincide with the IMBA renewal, but also to be ready for the Stampede.
The red cross has classes in Adult CPR/AED as follows:

Tue 2/16 6-10pm
Wed 3/24 6-10pm
This class costs $40
But they also have Adult CPR/AED with First Aid classes as follows:
The person I talked to said we can take this class and leave before the first aid training starts, I would guess that would put the class at 8am-noon.It does cost an extra 10 bucks though, $50.

Sat 2/20 8am-3:30pm
Thur. 2/25 8-3:30
Sat 3/6 8-3:30
Wed. 3/17 8-3:30
Thur 3/30 8-3:30

At this point in time I am leaning toward the Wed 3/24 6 - 10pm class. We don't have to take the class together but it was fun last time. Gunchie we will miss you, who else is going to yell "Rage call 911". Post up and let me know what you guys think.

One more thing, we need more Patrollers and Ambassadors. Take a look on IMBA's site and/or talk to one of your fellow FORCers who are doing it. It is not that tough to get certified and you get a cool pair of socks. Who knows the club may even throw in a pint glass to sweeten the deal.
peace
db