Thread: Chicago Mountain Bike Race - Palos Meltdown - Sunday August 22, 2010

Default Chicago Mountain Bike Race - Palos Meltdown - Sunday August 22, 2010

Hey FORC,

Just dropped by to post our info about this coming year's Palos Meltdown.

Chicago Area Mountain Bikers, Inc. www.cambr.org has set Sunday, August 22, 2010, for its 4th annual Palos Meltdown Cross Country Mountain Bike Race. This Chicago off-road mountain biking race will be held in Willow Springs, Illinois, in the Palos Forest Preserve of Cook County, at Pulaski Woods Grove (West), on top of the Grass Hill, as in past years.

Stay tuned for later email announcements, or check back on our website, for info on:

· New race classes (including a class between Sport and Expert);

· Meltdown becoming part of an Illinois Race Series;

· Meltdown possibly becoming USAC sanctioned; and

· On-site food vendor booths.

CAMBr’s mission, as a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, includes building and improving single track trails for off-road riding in the Chicago area. CAMBr membership fees, and your race registration fees, support that mission.

CAMBr welcomes volunteers to assist with race tasks, including race promotion, sponsorships, race course trail work, food booths, marking race course, race day registration and info desk, racer technical assistance, course marshalling, bike patrol sweeps, course clean up, and spectator area clean up. We especially need volunteers in the 2-3 weeks leading up to the race, and particularly on race day.

To volunteer your time or talents for any number of hours, at any time, between now and August 22, please contact the person most relevant: Paul Archibald (Race Volunteer coordinator) pjarchrn@gmail.com; Nancy Fallon-Houle (Special Events Director, Race Committee Co-Chair) nfallon@nfhlaw.com; Brian Miller (Sponsorship Coordinator) brian@bicyclesetc-il.com; Dave Bell (Trail Committee) dbell@cambr.org or Burak Balkuv (Trail Committee) bbalkuv@cambr.org.
    Paul Archibald
    CAMBr Race Committee,
    Volunteer Coordinator
    pjarchrn@gmail.com

Online Registration for the 2010 Palos Meltdown opens June 1st for CAMBr members for just $28. Public registration begins June 21st for $30. Day of Race registration is $40.

Looking forward to seeing FORC at this years race and wish I could get to Levis for the weekend. Have a ball.

Hey any Forc'ers planning to do this one? AG?

Palos is a great place to race...back in the days of Wheel Thing and Pumpkin Smash. Very fun course.
    Keep the rubber side down

Board Position
    President

I could be talked into it.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

Palos was fun the last time I rode there, circa 2001. Haven't been there since they used to do a 12 hour race. I plan on hitting it.
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?