Thread: Snow ride, 1:00 Sunday

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default Snow ride, 1:00 Sunday

The ride saturday night was excellent!!!

if you wanna try snow riding, this is gonna be a great ride, the snow is light and fluffy, the ground is hard underneath. just be careful of the icy spots that you can't see!!

See you at 1!!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I wonder if I have the necessary gear for a night ride. If I were to come, what would I need to bring to the party? Meaning - how thick a set of gloves do I need, how many layers do you wear, do you ride the crappiest bike in your stable or will any bike do; and for that matter, hardtail or full suspension? Gimme me the low down so I don't bring a pocket knife to a gun fight, and I'll see what I can do to make it. Thanks!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Winter gloves, long johns and jeans or equivelant should be ok for today, it's not that cold. Layers up the top, I usually do a light t-shirt, under armor shirt, a long sleeve shirt and I bring a jacket for over the top if I deside at the last minute I want it. personally I hate my upper body to be cold, but have no problem with my legs being a little chilled.

Your feet are in the snow now and then so this is usually where you wanna try to do something to keep them warm. if you've got flats, a pair of moon boots or something like that works great, otherwise just dress your feet as warm as you can and when you stop, try to lean against a tree to keep your feet out of the snow.

An a thin stocking cap under your helmet helps too.

Ride the bike you like the most, there is no salt or dirt on the trails. Cleanest ride you'll ever have. Start w about 20 pounds of pressure in the tires.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.