Thinning the herd is a difficult exercise... (heavy sigh...)

From 1997 - 2005 the 853 Reynolds Steel Dragon was the top-end hardtail for Jamis. When they first came out, I was salivating to have one, but they were too spendy. Found a good deal on a new frame in 2004, and decided I really really needed a race hardtail to complement my Superlight. Ahab had found his white whale. Building it up, I was looking forward to squaring off against Tony Thaller in upcoming Pamba races (at that time, Tony was racing his 2002 Dragon in Sport class, and always finishing just ahead of me. Surely this bike would be the answer!). About that time I had some knee joint issues, so my racing dropped off, and I consequently never raced the Dragon.

Gaging from the tire condition while looking over it tonight, I'd estimate it has around 200 miles. The front rim braking surface coating has not yet worn off... This is a sweet bike to ride, and is in need of being ridden rather than hanging on the rack like the trophy I never won with it.

Frame -- 2003 Jamis Dragon, 19", Red and Silver, 853 Steel
Fork -- Manitou Skareb Elite, 80mm, Silver
Headset -- Cane Creek S-8, Black
Stem -- Easton EA70
Handlebar -- Easton Monkey Light XC, Carbon
Grips -- ODI Rogue Lock-on
Shifters -- Shimano XT, 9spd
Front Derailleur -- Shimano XTR
Rear Derailleur -- Shimano XT
Crankset -- Shimano XT 44/32/22T
Pedals -- Not Included
Brakes -- Avid SD7 V-Brakes (Frame/fork disk compatible)
Brake Levers -- Avid SD7
Seatpost -- Thomson Elite, 27.2
Post Clamp -- Salsa Flip Lock
Saddle -- SDG Bel-Air, Red and Black
Hubs -- Shimano XTR
Rims -- Mavic X618 (DT Swiss spokes)
Skewers -- Shimano XTR
Cassette -- SRAM, 12-34
Tires -- Panaracer Fire XC Pro, 2.1, Red and Black
(all components new in 2004 except I just replaced the King headset in the picture with a new S-8)
Holiday Pricing: $700

Interested? Give a holla!
Rg.