Thread: Snow Ride

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Doood, I don't wanna go on a road ride when it's 85 and sunny so the chances of me dodgin cars in the soup are pretty slim.

However, Snow rides are great interval training, the lack of traction in front makes it a full body workout, and the deeper the snow, the tougher the push!

Plus, as an added benefit, the more riders on the snowy trails, the more the trails seem like normal because they pack down faster.

-Join us!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I guess I never thought about the trails packing down with the more riders but how about the slickness. I saw on a reply that you are switching out tires. Call me slow but are knobbie tires not going to be enough to make it on a ride?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by nu2trails View Post
    are knobbie tires not going to be enough to make it on a ride?
    Have you ever ridden in mud? It's kind of lack that. The knobbier the better. The biggest concern is slidding out of the front tire, so you obviously have to go slow. It is hard to get up the hills, but otherwise no big deal.

I second Vibrato about the road riding. To many stories of people being hit (Forcmeister) and lots of others have trash and bottle thrown at them. I would rather hit a tree than a car any day.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.