Hey everybody....

Nothing really new to most of the club, but we have a lot of new members and I want to make sure this is at the front of everyone's mind.

Kickapoo Up and Down will remain closed throughout the winter/early spring. So, when you're out there, please, please, please stay *off* of these trails. Being so new, they are very soft and susceptible to tire ruts; we know all too well what happens to rutted trails through the winter/early spring.

I want to get on my bike and ride the trail just as bad as the next person but we have to be extra careful to not negate all the work that has been put in this year to fix what happened last winter.

The trail care crew will continue to repair and re-route the trails throughout the winter, weather permitting. As I noted in the Maintenance Log, "phase 1" is nearly complete. With the ground freeze right around the corner, we aren't sure when "phase 2" will begin but we hope to have the entire Kickapoo Loop finished before the season begins in the spring.

One last thing and then I'll get off my soap box...the top layer of the trail has frozen. As the day goes on moving into the afternoon, this layer thaws resulting in greasy trails. If you are going for a ride try to make it out earlier in the day. Use caution and your brains. Remember Dirt's quote: "only you can prevent trail rut."

That is all. ;)

PS, who's hungover today?