Thread: Cars and Bikes = Cats and Dogs

Default Cars and Bikes = Cats and Dogs

Too many reminders of how car-bike conficts are too one-sided to suit me these days. Another poignant story...

I'm saddened by his comment: "When you ride a bike more than 6,000 miles per year, training, racing and competing, it's not a matter of if it will happen, but a matter of when."

We should expect more...

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Wow !! what a nightmare , I know I have had many close calls over the years I really try stay off road as much as possible.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sylvan Island

I know that I have alot to be thankful for, because I know that my injuries could have been a whole lot worse.

But, even at that, I went through (and am still going through) alot of the same fellings that he went through.

All the things that go through your head at the moment impact, the trip to the hospital, surgury and the rehab., not knowing the full extent of your injuries, how are they going to affect your life and the lives of your loved ones. The pain, anger, frustration, and the depresstion. It can definitly be a life altering experience.

I do know that it will not keep me from what I do and have always done and that is ride my bike, on or off the road.

And, it has helped reinforce something that I had already known, cyclist are some of the best people in the world! They are great at coming together when one of their own is down and need of help. I can't tell how up lifting it is when you realize the support that is out there, in your time of need . You guys are no exception I want to thank you all for your calls and emails of support.

FM
    Last edited by forcmeister; 11-24-2009 at 02:18 PM.
    In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.