Thread: A must read - "Humbled at work today !!"

Default A must read - "Humbled at work today !!"

Most of you know my other hobby is cars...specifically Ford SVT vehicles. Anyway, SVTPerformance is a website dedicated to those vehicles with a little over 79,500 members.

Well...read the story yourself (it is kind of long, make sure the read the entire thread)

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ork-today.html

I guess I can post some cliffs notes and a bit of history:

- The original poster lost his job a couple months ago and just started a new one as a shop foreman
    - He is talking to one of his employees, who keeps to himself, but for some reason opened up for him this day
    - OP is shaken up enough by what the guy had to say, he and his family decide to donate some items to the man and his daughter for christmas
    - He shares his story with SVTPerformance, who's members decide to start donating. So far more than $1600 has been donated to helping this family (in only 3 days).

It is amazing how a group of strangers can come together to help out someone in need.

Merry Christmas everyone :)
    Last edited by SweetSVT99; 12-22-2008 at 03:37 PM.

i read most of the post as i have been sitting here doing nothing on the computer ALL DAY anyways. i must say, it made me weepy a little....... it is great to see that a community of members geared towards the same interests can band together to help one out even if some have never met the others. that story is touching to say the least.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

That is pretty cool stuff they're doing for that family. It takes a lot to make me tear up, but I have to say that that I did just that when I read the thread. It makes me wish that i could help out too.

Quote from site - Total amount donated. $1977.00, less 3% paypal fees, Total amount for Terry and his daughter.. $1918.00

It's incredible what can happen when people come together to help out someone less fortunate, i'm riveted to the thread waiting to hear the final outcome.

Hopefully he'll post it tonite.
    Last edited by The Fixxer; 12-22-2008 at 09:42 PM.
    "Keep your flesh off the ground"

Quote Originally Posted by The Fixxer View Post
    That is pretty cool stuff they're doing for that family. It takes a lot to make me tear up, but I have to say that that I did just that when I read the thread. It makes me wish that i could help out too.

Quote from site - Total amount donated. $1977.00, less 3% paypal fees, Total amount for Terry and his daughter.. $1918.00

It's incredible what can happen when people come together to help out someone less fortunate, i'm riveted to the thread waiting to hear the final outcome.

Hopefully he'll post it tonite.
    I'm excited to hear the outcome too, but it may end up not being much of a story since he is planning on donating it anonymously.

How cool is this!

Heres an excerpt from the thread last night -

"Hey everyone. Just got home. What a truely amazing night!!!!!

I could not wait until 6:30 for lunch. Every time I walked by him, I wanted to stop, but it was a really busy shift today. I caught up with him about 5:30. I had a little small talk with him first, but all I really wanted to do was blurt it out. I asked him how his shopping went this weekend. He said fine. He got his daughter ( Courtney), now we all know her name, an outfit of clothes and a MP3 player for $19.95. But, he was smiling because he got something for her that was on her list.

I just spilled the beans right there !!! Nobody else was near us, so I explained how this all started after he and I had that conversation Friday evening. I told him the amounts on the gift cards then about the 9, one hundred dollar bills and 18 more in there too..lol...

He just dropped his head and looked over his safety glasses, like what are you talking about !! I said I am totally serious. The items are in my car in the parking lot. I asked him if he could call his neighbor to come over at 6:30 to pick up the gifts. I also had 3 boxes of shoes, coats and pants that Scott Hundley donated, along with the Digital camera. My trunk and front seat were packed. I gave him the envelope with the letter , card, gift cards and cash and asked him to keep them with him. He did.

He started to tear up, and said, " I don't know what to say" I got a page on the intercom, so I told him I would be right back. It's kind of better, as it gave him a couple minutes to absorb what just happened in his family's lives.

Kudos to everyone here. You all made a deep impact on someone's life today. And, on anothers for Christmas morning. It's surely made an impact on me.

Thank you so much again. Another $210.00 is in my paypal account from donations today. I'll get that to him as well. He does not, and has never, had a drivers license. He said he could never afford a car so never went for his license.

Thanks again all, and Happy Holidays from us to you and yours !!!!"

That was truly a great thing!
    "Keep your flesh off the ground"

happy ending... nice to hear.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......