Thread: cyclocross races

Default cyclocross races

join the fun, see what others have been raving about! 2 local races-at Devils Glen Park this Sunday, and Middle Park next Sunday.

http://www.dicecycling.com/uploads/2...oss__Flyer.pdf
    http://www.dicecycling.com/uploads/2...Park_Flyer.pdf
    http://www.dicecycling.com/

and for those of you in the Iowa City area-
    http://www.jinglecrossrock.com/Home.htm
    Last edited by kiks; 11-13-2009 at 07:57 AM.

Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

Jingle Cross has a tradition of Single Speed riders racing in Speedos. I'm not sure if that is worse for the riders or the spectators.

I do believe that Kings raced a SS at Psyclofest. Maybe we could get him a custom FORC Speedo
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sunderbruch

Now that would be a sight to see!!!

i second that nomination.....all in favor say i, those opposed, you dont count.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

I was planning on racing this weekend and hope that isn't one of the reqirements. I don't think the speedo on a bike is what draws a crowd I was wondering if anyone has any advise for one who is trying this type of racing for the first time...other then wearing a speedo

7. Default

Cyclocross is one of the most fun forms of racing out there. For a first timer I would go out and just have fun with it, don't worry too much about trying to win, but figure out how to get off and on your bike as fast as possible in the few sections that will require you to run. Don't go out too hard you will blow up, yes the beginner race is only 30 minutes, but will be the hardest 30 minutes you will ever spend on your bike, and just when you are about to throw up, just keep pushing because that is what it supposed to feel like. Then when it is over, regain your breath, grab a beer and cheer on the rest of the racers.

Green,

Thanks for the advise! I look forward to the beatdown that is going to take place. As for the puking, let's hope I can keep from that happening in front of the fam...but like I said last night at SBP, I didn't come here to lay up!! I guess I'll have to remember the for after the race along with the "crack" that I'm now hooked on from AG!! If you're listening out there, dude where did you find that stuff??? Brother needs a fix..

Board Position
    President

Can't reveal my supplier she my cut me off, Oh crap I already said to much I got to go...
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

I don't understand why the people in the pictures are dismounting a perfectly rideable bike to carry it over an obstacle when they could just as easily bunny-hop or just go around it
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by iLuvTechnical View Post
    I don't understand why the people in the pictures are dismounting a perfectly rideable bike to carry it over an obstacle when they could just as easily bunny-hop or just go around it
    Common misconception, as much as I can bunny hop, trying to do it that fast in that short of an area is just impossible. From the USA Cycling Rulebook: This shall consist of two barriers of wooden or other non-metallic material, standing vertically, 40cm tall, 4 meters apart, and taking up the full width of the race course.

Also this is a great place to take advantage of people who have not practiced this skill and pick up a spot or 2 in the race.

Here is the video of me from Psyclofest a few weeks ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Xn3WASEW4

I was just joke'n Thanx for educating me on the official rule though. Even though I knew you couldn't do what I said, I didn't know the official height and rule about the barriers.
    I remember that clip and privately noting how well you performed the dismount, jumps, and re-mount. Well done my friend.
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by greenfast View Post
    Common misconception, as much as I can bunny hop, trying to do it that fast in that short of an area is just impossible. From the USA Cycling Rulebook: This shall consist of two barriers of wooden or other non-metallic material, standing vertically, 40cm tall, 4 meters apart, and taking up the full width of the race course.

Also this is a great place to take advantage of people who have not practiced this skill and pick up a spot or 2 in the race.

Here is the video of me from Psyclofest a few weeks ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Xn3WASEW4
    The first cross race I attended was that one. I was amazed at how fast some guys could cross those barriers.